Bluecoats Changes

They should pick up Pete Weber, and SCV should go back to Rosander.

They should pick up Pete Weber, and SCV should go back to Rosander.

I would love to see rosander back with scv!

I wouldn't call fairbanks one of the best (though, definitely not bad by any means), but I think he did a much better job than their previous writer, mitch rogers? As i've already said, his style fits the bluecoats style very well... it may be indoorsy... and may not be my cup of tea... but it is very identifiable to the bluecoats identity, and I appreciate that very much.

I completely agree with this, although I personally liked the 'indoorsy' vibe of their shows. I think it's a good style for Bluecoats, and I think that it is pretty unique: they have done a better job combining WGI w/DCI show-design wise than almost every other corps (with the exception of BD IMO

But, this isn't WGI. It's DCI. Leave the indoor stuff indoor. It works better there. It calls for a more intimate setting. Football fields, and especially cavernous places like LOS, aren't conducive to WGI-like moments, unless you like watching the show on the jumbotron instead of the actual field in front if you.

Garry in Vegas

• Like 1

Tim wrote some cool stuff in 09. Then came 2010 which I think was definitely his best stuff. He created an identity with effective and "hip" drill that complimented the show and music extremely well. 2011 was a step back I think...definitely not as effective. Awkward looking transitions and sets that were uncleanable..didn't fit the music sometimes. Who knows, maybe he ran out of ideas. Either way, change could work out for the best, and I know the vis staff will gladly take on the role of cleaning and perfecting the drill of whoever the new guy is.