BD: Get Rid Of The Tail

Remember the commercial success of Bocook's "Pictures at an Exhibition"? It opened up with two trumpets playing the "Promenade" theme. It was played so many times during the prelims of the Illinois State prelims that the audience started booing when bands later in the event that started playing it.

I remember one judge year ago saying if he saw a show start with 2 solo trumpets and heard that feature he'd shoot himself!

If the bands had done some thing a little different it would've been more tolerable. But bands in SoCal at the time were slaves to whatever music was put in front of them....the thought of playing with the arrangements didn't hit many of them (likely due to lack of time...only one staffer).

I don't know about hiding dirt or what not but I've seen the videos of the blue Devils in their old military type mess dress uniforms and they were classic! I think if they went to a slightly modernized version of those it would be very well received by most fans, even the ones who constantly slam BD.

• Like 1

Actually if they're going to continue the slow drill and all the park and blow it at least adds some visual interest. :ph34r:

• Like 6

Skirts, panels, capes, fabric, jackets... This is drum corp withdrawal to the extreme! Either way BD, keep shaking your tail feather :tongue:

I personally think BD has the best uniforms out there. I do think I liked 09, 08, and 2010 (in that order), but this year's grew on me a lot. I really like it. Love the extended sash. A lot.

I've been wanting to start a best uniform topic in 2011, I might just do that. I'm curious.

I love the Blue Devils' current look. To me, it's very distinctive, very them. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

• Like 3