BD: Get Rid Of The Tail

for a couple measures....Jazz running at 240 is not the same as actually marching at 240...let me know when they do that

But it's on the sheets; box checked. I thought this might be the case. Still, I'd like to know when.

When was that and how long? How many direction changes? Just curious, as I'd like to know where that was in their show. thumbup.gif

There was a section in '09 at 236, but it was just them "shuffling" for about 8 counts. Not really what I'd call crazy.

The tails have grown on me.

What the Blue DEVILS need to do is get 2 plumes up there instead of 1.

2 plumes = horns

Sort of like horns, eh... Yea, that reminds me of robot devil for some reason; or the grand poobah hats...

futurama_robot_devil_violin.jpg

DDS07-BstCstm-3.jpg

Edited by jjeffeory
  • Like 1

There was a section in '09 at 236, but it was just them "shuffling" for about 8 counts. Not really what I'd call crazy.

They "shuffled" (looked like crabbing) a little more than 8 counts... and while playing too - one of the hardest segments of any show in '09 imo.

They "shuffled" (looked like crabbing) a little more than 8 counts... and while playing too - one of the hardest segments of any show in '09 imo.

Okay, maybe 16 counts, but no one was going above an 8 to 5 that I saw. They needed at least one difficult section in their show.... :devil:

• Like 2

Sorry if I'm a little late in getting into this conversation, but I wanted to discuss some uniform terminology that I have heard over the years revolving around the "lose the tails" thread. I've not seen BD in a couple of years, so I really don't know what their current uniform looks like, but here is what my understanding of some of the terminology is.

"Tails is part of Uniform terminology. It refers to the West Point dress uniform as well as civilian formal wear. It involves a cutaway design at the waist. In formal wear, the back material after the cutaway is called "tails" as in "Black Tie and Tails" and is usually a long cut. The West Point uniform has a short tail, but it meets the cutaway design criteria.

If the BD uniform does not have the cutaway, they do not have tails.

If their uniform is like the USMC dress uniform or the British uniforms with the Busbys, the terminology I am accustomed to is "Tunic", but jacket also fits.

The third term is "Blouse" which, in DC has usually referred to the silk tops that went out of fashion a while ago ala Blessed Sac, Cavies, etc but can still be seen in All-Agers. e.g Cabs, St. Joe's and others.

I don't disagree that for many years BD wore a "Tuxedo" style which does not come under any of the above.

I am no expert on this and Cesario could probably add alot more than I, but I would also think Stansbury has as much history as anyone.

As always, I stand to be corrected.

Kevin