BD: Get Rid Of The Tail

See my response above.

Please don't make me diagram my response. :ph34r:

Sarcasm accepted (both to and from I hope). Heck if it wasn't for videos I doubt either one of us would remember the original BD satin tops.

• Like 1

I think they need a completely new design. Honestly, I think the skewed A-frame jacket design (now 17 years old, BTW) has been played out.

I'd love to see them create a new perspective on dressy "night"/formal wear - I think that's really the image that the old open coats projected. And based on the short-lived 2004-2005 design (with the suit lapel and pinstripes), I think that's what they were aiming for as well.

Mike

Imagine if The Cadets had thought the same thing...

We'd be missing one of the best unis out there.

Edited by contrajedi8

You're a beautiful thing Boo!

Actually it's not a tail, unless Irving has been hanging around some animals that are drinking from the nearby Nuclear Power Plant. It may be called different things, but it is more of a scabbered for a sword than a sash. It's quite elegant and dashing on a military uniform. It's been different colors each of the last years and flashes of these colors appear as they jazz run....really cool. The bigger question is when are Cadets gonna lose the gold cumberbun!! :peek:

I try to remind myself of that every time I look in the mirror.

Personally, I think their look is quite distinctive. And you bring up a good point by satirically suggest Cadets (don't) lose the cummerbund. If it's working, why get rid of it?

Only Boo is allowed to use satire in this thread.

I would welcome anyone to use satire. I love reading it as much as I love offering it. I'm also willing to give group sessions on its proper (and more so, improper) use in it at my home on Mueswedthurfriday evenings. I have a limited number of seats, so bring your own green positive ratings to sit upon.

The tails hide some of the dirtiness whether you guys want to choose to believe it or not (what little dirt there is). I am not a fan of them.

You have a very nice corps.

• Like 1

Sarcasm accepted (both to and from I hope). Heck if it wasn't for videos I doubt either one of us would remember the original BD satin tops.

Accepted with graciousness and fun.

My first year in drum corps (1975) was BD's last year with the satin tops, as well as that for my Cavaliers. We had a number of corps then that pretty much looked the same in black and white photography. Cavaliers went with naughahyde vests over the satin blouses, helping to contribute greatly to global warming (and Boo warming), while BD's new uniforms, with the open jacket and ruffled shirts, became the most copied uniform in the history of marching bands. I lost count of how many bands I saw after 1976 that were that style, but in a wide variety of different colors.

This was in an era when people were still accusing bands of copying corps down to the smallest detail, including writing the shows note-per-note. I still occasionally see (and hear) that, and when I do, I want to run out on the field and shake the band director and tell him, "You've got four trumpets and two trombones. Why are you copying "The Godfather, Part BLUE"? And if you had to copy it, why didn't you change the title to reflect that your uniforms are orange?" (Insert scream.)