Your favorite shows corps have done!

Of all time? '61 Chicago Cavaliers, flawless!

Recently? "Samurai" & "Mad World". And SCV "Fiddler" was magnificent. This year, while I loved "XtraordinarY" I thought the Cadets "Angels & Demons" was untouchable. The problem for me is that every year Corps produce shows that rank among the best ever. But not corps that sit in chairs, hide behind mirrors, and push PVC around the field. (Even though historically they have the greatest Brass in DCI history.)

• Like 2

Can't say I can pick a whole show, but 83, 84, and 87 Cadets come to mind . However if I were to pick a portion of a show. Cadets 86 On the Waterfront stands out to me, but 87 SCV Russian Christmas Music might be the best piece ever put on the field IMHO. Let's not forget 89 Phantom - New World (boy, were they shafted), 89,90.91 Star; 93 Cadets and a bunch of Cavies. Notice who's missing from my list. Oops. left out 1980 27th Lancers.

No intention to demean or denigrate anyone's opinion. We all get to choose what we want to put on our system. However I have to put up with my Wife who likes Madonna. I don't especially like frisbee, but my pitching arm needs a little more excercise.

Kevin

• Like 1

Of all time? '61 Chicago Cavaliers, flawless!

Recently? "Samurai" & "Mad World". And SCV "Fiddler" was magnificent. This year, while I loved "XtraordinarY" I thought the Cadets "Angels & Demons" was untouchable. The problem for me is that every year Corps produce shows that rank among the best ever. But not corps that sit in chairs, hide behind mirrors, and push PVC around the field. (Even though historically they have the greatest Brass in DCI history.)

Careful. Your bias is showing.

Edited by skajerk
  • Like 1

Ska, Who are you responding to? BTW with ancient DC, I'll take Blessed Sac over Cavies any day and I think their drum line was 2 points better . However, who is going to argue over 1961, although 1960 St. Vincent's wasn't bad.

Kevin

Kinda wish Fan Network had shows of corps from the 60's on it. It only goes to when DCI was founded (obviously) and so I cant watch any of your favorites..

• Like 1

Kinda wish Fan Network had shows of corps from the 60's on it. It only goes to when DCI was founded (obviously) and so I cant watch any of your favorites..

Supe,

You can get CDs because Fleetwood is releasing their library, which is available at Drum Corps World. However, having paid off my mortgage a couple of years ago, I am not in a hurry to mortgage my house again to pay for everything I want to buy. When I hit Powerball I might spend a few bucks on the old stuff. BTW the DCI CDs go back to 1972 and the DVDs are also available if you have a fortune to spend.

Kevin

Careful. Your bias is showing.

What's that supposed to mean?

Oh, he's supposed to have BD '88, '89, '94, 2010.... tongue.gif

(Actually, I love BD '88-'93)

I'll play!

1) Cadets 2011

2) BD 1993- Best screamers in Dci history imo

3) Cavies- 2006- Best Bis Design ever

4) Crown- 2007- And Down the stretch they come!

5) Phantom- 2008- a no brainer

6) SCV- 2000- Adagio- Uh Huh!!

7) Bluecoats- 2010

8) Boston- 2002

9) Blue Knights- 1999

10) Madison- 88- show that introduced me to Dci!

11) Blue Stars- 2010

12) Spirit- 1980

All I have time for....

Spirit- 1980, is there a choice at all?

1984... not just my favourite Sprit year but one of my favourite all time shows.

• Like 1