more changes at bloo with brass staff

care to elaborate?

Edited by RockEuph

Im going off of Facebook updates, but what it looks like to me is that everyone migrated to SCV. Like...everyone. Like...the Bloo brass staff is now SCV's brass staff.

Hey...at least we know their contra line will be good. :ph34r:

• Like 3

It's feels like SCV is just straight up leeching from other corps. I know that's probably not how it's going down, but first PR percussion staff and now Bloo's brass staff. Don't know how I feel about that.

• Like 5

Most of brass staff on the move from Bluecoats to SCV......

Some SCV fans no doubt are going to be very disappointed in hearing of this, as they've been telling us how much they love the music of SCV the last 2 years. The SCV music arranging, teaching technique, style, etc these last 2 years we've been told is very unique to SCV and quite a few of SCV's fans that post on here told us how much they LOVE SCV's music and style of playing these last 2 years. This all apparently ( in their view anyway ) goes out the window now however if SCV brings in the Bluecoats brass staff. Oh well, change is good we've been told, and times change, and we learn to go with the flow if SCV wants to scuttle the last 2 years style of music playing for something else now. That said, some SCV fans and alums are not going to be happy with this apparent different direction that SCV might be embarking on here with their music and with their brass playing technique that was once " unique to SCV". I prefer to take a wait and see approach, as in my view, SCV needed a fresher approach that only a change in brass staff could provide. So unlike some of the SCV fans on here, I'm not disappointed in this news if it turns out to be true, and SCV begins a new direction in their music and brass arranging from that of the last couple of years. In my view this could turn out to be a positive change for SCV even though some SCV fans will probably be quite unhappy with it, based upon these last 2 years of musical observations from them on SCV.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 3

It's feels like SCV is just straight up leeching from other corps. I know that's probably not how it's going down, but first PR percussion staff and now Bloo's brass staff. Don't know how I feel about that.

I hear Crowns guard caption head is up for hire

• Like 1