more changes at bloo with brass staff

Pardon my French but..

HELL no. That's not how things work out there in Canton

Hogwash. It has nothing to do with the location of the corps. Everything to do with the type of section.

Percussionists really dig into certain teachers and styles and follow them moreso than brass guys. This has been the case for a long time.

There is no moral superiority to Canton over Rockford. And honestly, anyone that has been to both of those cities knows they are pretty much equal in their hellholeness.

Doubtful. Brass players don't usually do this en masse. I could be wrong. It would be something to see for sure!

Right on the money as far as I know. I'm still in close touch with a lot of eligible to return vets and they are all hell bent on going back and making the best of it.

• Like 2

As far as I've heard, the Bluecoats made an announcement via e-mail about their brass staff going to SCV, and that's how the SCV staff found out about it, which is really awful if it's true.

Not true. Everything happened in the proper order. I have first-hand knowledge about this. PM me if you really want the blow-by-blow sequence of events. The only thing that (arguably) wasn't foreseen was how quickly the CMMs of SCV and Bloo would start contacting each other and putting 2 and 2 together.

Edit: My contact just updated me with new information he received and it turns out that its possible some of SCV's techs got word third-hand before they could be informed first-hand. Again PM me if you really want the full chronology.

Edited by vanguard87

Doubtful. Brass players don't usually do this en masse. I could be wrong. It would be something to see for sure!

Didn't a lot of brass players follow Cipriani to Cadets from SCV in 2005?

Some SCV fans no doubt are going to be very disappointed in hearing of this, as they've been telling us how much they love the music of SCV the last 2 years...

key is still the arranger. very few scv 2009-2011 fans were pleased with the brass sound and overall approach, especially in this past year. what i noticed this year and last was a lot of people frustrated by SCV having great music but a lousy approach to making it work on the field.

in other words, for many of the people you think you're addressing, this change is pretty much awesome.

my response to the alum who sent the news to me: THANK GOD

• Like 1

Hogwash. It has nothing to do with the location of the corps. Everything to do with the type of section.

Percussionists really dig into certain teachers and styles and follow them moreso than brass guys. This has been the case for a long time.

There is no moral superiority to Canton over Rockford. And honestly, anyone that has been to both of those cities knows they are pretty much equal in their hellholeness.

I'm pretty sure he was more referring to the Bluecoats than their location.

Oh rly? Not saying they'll be at SCV...but I'm sure people will move around.

People moved around when we kept our brass staff, too.