more changes at bloo with brass staff

Every single one that marched, followed Rennick to SCV (as reported on DCP, and ultimately might be incorrect)

That happens with percussion and guard, but never with hornlines. I'm not sure why...any ideas?

Paul spoke of this in the FieldPass interview with Dan Potter. There were a few Regiment drummers that came to SCV, but not the rest. A couple of snare drummers, a couple of tenors, a bass drummer. Don't know about the pit. I dunno...I think I'll take Paul's word over DCP rumors.

Garry in Vegas

Edited by CrunchyTenor

Paul spoke of this in the FieldPass interview with Dan Potter. There were a few Regiment drummers that came to SCV, but not the rest. A couple of snare drummers, a couple of tenors, a bass drummer. Don't know about the pit. I dunno...I think I'll take Paul's word over DCP rumors.

Garry in Vegas

I believe Paul's comments were limited to how many PR vets were in SCV. Which does not necessarily mean 0 or 15 or any number in between actually returned, or did not return, to PR.

Edited by mingusmonk

I believe Paul's comments were limited to how many PR vets were in SCV. Which does not necessarily mean 0 or 15 or any number in between actually returned, or did not return, to PR.

According to people at Regiment (and mentioned on the quarterfinals cinecast), the Regiment line had no returning players. I'm sure some experienced players came with Shane, but none had worn the Regiment uniform before.

Garry in Vegas

According to people at Regiment (and mentioned on the quarterfinals cinecast), the Regiment line had no returning players. I'm sure some experienced players came with Shane, but none had worn the Regiment uniform before.

Garry in Vegas

On the Phantom kids at SCV, it was almost all Phantom vets or Rennick students in the line. The pit had one SCV returner, and the drumline had three, one snare, one tenor, and one bass. The cymbal line had three out of four vets, so they fared the best.

To my knowledge every corps staff person runs on yearly contracts .If that is not renewed by end of the season they are free agents .Social media is one way to let the activity know you have moved on or are available .To me it is not a big deal .Staffers get released every season and some just choose to move on or take time off .There is a very good chance that if no one has talked to a staff member about returning by the end of Championships week , they will not be returning . Every corps has it's on timeline of dealing with staff . I do not know of any staff that get multi year contracts or signing bonuses ! ( LOL ) there may be some ...i just dont know them or have i ever heard of it . Now if they had said they were coming back before season's end and the corps found out they had moved through social media ..That would be unprofessional .Same can be said for a corps hiring a replacement before informing the staff the position was open .I know many cases where the latter has happened .

On the Phantom kids at SCV, it was almost all Phantom vets or Rennick students in the line. The pit had one SCV returner, and the drumline had three, one snare, one tenor, and one bass. The cymbal line had three out of four vets, so they fared the best.

I can believe there were probably quite a few UNT people in the line that probably would have marched at Regiment before Paul moved to SCV. Just as I'm sure there were some Music City Mystique people in Regiment's line that probably would have marched in SOA's line before Shane moved to Regiment.

Garry in Vegas

Edited by CrunchyTenor

• 2 months later...

Im going off of Facebook updates, but what it looks like to me is that everyone migrated to SCV. Like...everyone. Like...the Bloo brass staff is now SCV's brass staff.

Hey...at least we know their contra line will be good. :ph34r:

Now that the dust has settled ...

While you mentioned Dave MacKinnon staying, above, it would appear that Facebook was not entirely accurate. For the record, additional 2012 Bluecoats brass staff that is "return" staff:

Emery Craig

Donny Allen

James Freeman

Certainly MUCH more at SCV. Just defining it now that it's all mapped out.

Edited by mingusmonk

Now that the dust has settled ...

While you mentioned Dave MacKinnon staying, above, it would appear that Facebook was not entirely accurate. For the record, additional 2012 Bluecoats brass staff that is "return" staff:

Emery Craig

Donny Allen

James Freeman

Certainly MUCH more at SCV. Just defining it now that it's all mapped out.

Those're a good three to have. All smart, great teachers, and Emery will make a fine caption head.

It's feels like SCV is just straight up leeching from other corps. I know that's probably not how it's going down, but first PR percussion staff and now Bloo's brass staff. Don't know how I feel about that.

yeah cause ya know, they held a gun to their heads

:rolleyes:

• Like 2

Unfortunately...welcome to the 2nd decade of the 2000's where freedom of speech is still a part of the American society. Many of you might not remember that, many years ago, we relied on Drum Corps News and then Drum Corps World to keep us updated on happenings in this activity. Now we can find a second after it happens.Hop in DCP and we can get the latest from every corps.

I'm just curious whether DCI needs to have a class at the next staff weekend where they discuss the finer points of "How to Be a Professional".

Step One is "don't go on social media to make announcements about your employment status before the organizations you work for have a chance to craft the communication." :cool: