Vanguard Brass Staff.

I honestly feel bad for SCV's (now former) brass staff...They did not get a chance to prove themselves. You can only go just so far with the talent level you are dealt(not implying anything here). This staff change most likely will turn out well for SCV in the end...Bloo's brass was indeed no joke and a force to recon with, but I really think staff longevity as clearly demonstrated by Blue Devils and The Cadets has proven to be a much better success formula IMO.

This is true; the more competitive corps get and the more parity we see in the upper echelon (IMO Top 7) the harder it is for 'new' caption staffs to lay groundwork philosophy wise and build a program. On the flip side of that, if a corps can "upgrade" their staff by acquiring high quality educators it's likely too big of a 'temptation' to do so.

To steal a phrase here, "There is no crying in Baseball!" What I mean by that is if DCI truly is Major League, well.. Major League coaching staff get fired all the time in the name of seeking out that Winning formula to capture the Ring! We cannot have it both ways people... either DCI is for the kids or DCI is the Major League. And since DCI bills itself as the Major League it must be concluded "There is no crying in DCI".

• Like 1

"I'm extremely honored and excited to be joining the Santa Clara instructional team and to be leading the Vanguard brass effort for many years to come," Wozniak stated.

I want to know how much was on the table in this exchange.

• Like 1

The Cadets has proven to be a much better success formula IMO.

The Cadets had a history of a revolving door brass staff for quite a while. It happens. Maybe this will be the fit.

Being a drum guy I consider the hiring of Rennick and his staff a "Home Run" for SCV. What do you brass guys consider the hiring of Wozniak and Higgins to be? How good are they?

I think it's fair to say scv needed to do something with regard to brass.

I'm not a brass guy but I know enough to say what they had on the field in 2011 just wasn't working.

The most interesting thing for me is what now for bloo...

... Remember DCI judges are like some of the most un-qualified people in the organization, trust me I marched a different corps and listening to some of the tapes...their comments have little to no intellectual advice to help us improve on (no matter what background they have come from)...

Rather a bold statement, calling out "all" of the judges for not having any intellect. I personally know some DCI judges, a few for many many years; and KR not only are you dead wrong on this intellect issue, at least about the ones I personally know, you are actually showing your own lack of wisdom by making a completely unsubstantiated generalized statement.

• Like 4

Being a drum guy I consider the hiring of Rennick and his staff a "Home Run" for SCV. What do you brass guys consider the hiring of Wozniak and Higgins to be? How good are they?

They are fantastic instructors. SCV's brass will be much better with them.

Yes, bold I was for making a general statement about all judges. I agree, there are a few of them that really do help. However, many do not.

Rather a bold statement, calling out "all" of the judges for not having any intellect. I personally know some DCI judges, a few for many many years; and KR not only are you dead wrong on this intellect issue, at least about the ones I personally know, you are actually showing your own lack of wisdom by making a completely unsubstantiated generalized statement.