Weather and the Alumni Spectacular

G-horns

Yes, the weather does not look good, but the show goes on unless there's a decision made by DCA to cancel. Don't expect that to happen unless there's lightning in the area.

Alumni corps don't perform for scores, but for the audience. I really hope that the fans consider that before deciding to sleep in and blow off the show. Alumni corps work as hard as anyone to bring a quality product to the field and our only reward is the applause we receive. While canceling the evening finals would be a disappointment for everyone, playing to virtually empty stands or having the alumni show canceled would be just as disappointing if not more so. We haven't played a note in the stadium yet. Let's hope everyone gets a chance to show what they have to offer.

I hope I see your face when I'm standing on the 50.

see... weather was perfect

all I can say is don't sweat the stuff you can't do anything about...

the sun just came out ... and thankfully, that waited till the show was done... it's hot enough...

Yes, the weather does not look good, but the show goes on unless there's a decision made by DCA to cancel. Don't expect that to happen unless there's lightning in the area.

Alumni corps don't perform for scores, but for the audience. I really hope that the fans consider that before deciding to sleep in and blow off the show. Alumni corps work as hard as anyone to bring a quality product to the field and our only reward is the applause we receive. While canceling the evening finals would be a disappointment for everyone, playing to virtually empty stands or having the alumni show canceled would be just as disappointing if not more so. We haven't played a note in the stadium yet. Let's hope everyone gets a chance to show what they have to offer.

I hope I see your face when I'm standing on the 50.

Thank you for saying what you said. In 2006 during Ernesto was the first and only performance of the Erie Thunderbirds at the Alumni show. We were the first on and thankfully the die-hard fans were there. We were very proud to be a part of this show (with 56 horns) and we thought we had a "Kick-###" performance.

Until this year I have never missed an Alumni show (health situation) and I thank you again for your comments.

Thank you for saying what you said. In 2006 during Ernesto was the first and only performance of the Erie Thunderbirds at the Alumni show. We were the first on and thankfully the die-hard fans were there. We were very proud to be a part of this show (with 56 horns) and we thought we had a "Kick-###" performance.

Until this year I have never missed an Alumni show (health situation) and I thank you again for your comments.

Every one of us who sets foot on the "field of battle" knows that feeling. I hope your health improves and you're able to be with us in Annapolis.

Thank you to all who attended the Spectacular yesterday. All the corps were great and the applause we received was very rewarding. See you all in Annapolis or at another alumni show down the road.

BTW, if you were in the stands and have the urge to try being on the field next year, check out an alumni corps in your area.

Thank you to all who attended the Spectacular yesterday. All the corps were great and the applause we received was very rewarding. See you all in Annapolis or at another alumni show down the road.

BTW, if you were in the stands and have the urge to try being on the field next year, check out an alumni corps in your area.

I can only echo G-Horns' sentiment... If you've ever longed to see and hear the audience from the field again, alumni corps is a great way to go. The feeling never goes away.

And please don't start thinking about the usual excuses - I'm too old... I've got a bad leg... etc.... There were enough Amigos and Hoverounds on the field this year among the various alumni corps that we're thinking of scheduling a road rally after next year's Alumni Spectacular.

• Like 4

And please don't start thinking about the usual excuses - I'm too old... I've got a bad leg... etc.... There were enough Amigos and Hoverounds on the field this year among the various alumni corps that we're thinking of scheduling a road rally after next year's Alumni Spectacular.

And don't forget all the artificial joints, Andy. You wouldn't believe all the titanium out there! Cabs Alumni drum section alone had four new knees just since last year, plus there are innumerable new hips and knees in the honor guard and horn section. :thumbup:

And don't forget all the artificial joints, Andy. You wouldn't believe all the titanium out there! Cabs Alumni drum section alone had four new knees just since last year, plus there are innumerable new hips and knees in the honor guard and horn section. :thumbup:

You're absolutely right, John. I don't know how it is in the other alumni corps, but the Hawthorne Alumni has been told by TSA that we can't fly anyhwere as a group - the TSA agents can't take the stress of all of those positive body scans at one time.