2011 Drum Corps Associates Alumni Spectacular

kevingamin

The guard has now done more dancing as an alumni corps than they probably did as a competing corps, considering when they competed.

Snares are really working the ride cymbal action. We're now on Tuxedo Junction. This must be a Glenn Miller medley.

Or not, as a soprano soloist leads on a Caravan.

To be honest, looking at the guard, I'm not sure any of them were old enough to march the competing corps when it was around. :D

Guard now changing from red to green flags, which means they've also possibly done more equipment changes as an alumni corps than as a competing corps. :D

Horns marking time while playing the next piece. I don't recognize it, but it's got a Latin feel to it.

Actually the guard took those green flags backfield. Wow, they have those blades which some guard use instead of rifles. Pretty modern stuff on the field, guys and gals.

Drum solo. Three snares and two single tenors, one multi-tenor, four tuned basses, and two cymbals.

Got the stick tricks and visuals going on here.

Now the guard is on their green flags. Battle Cry of Freedom begins as the honor guard moves behind the corps in preparation for the color presentation.

I'm guessing they're now playing Maple Leaf Forever. This IS a Canadian corps, after all.

Crowd applauds as the colors are presented.

Cymbals now back in front of the snares for What Kind of Fool Am I.