2011 Drum Corps Associates World Championships Finals Competition

THIS JUST IN ... The corps wearing BLUE won!!!!

smart ###

Like and Dislike!!

I am a Buc's alum (and annual Scrapplefest participant), but also have friends from my Wausau Story days back in the 70's who either still march with or have strong ties to MBI.

IF the Buc's championship streak is over, I am glad it is Minnesota Brass!

Kudo's to both corps for bringing it all this weekend!

• Like 1

Thanks to everyone for giving us the play by play, for providing pictures and offering streaming video of Prelims and Finals!!!!

I agree! Great job!

worthy.gifworthy.gifworthy.gifworthy.gif

• Like 2

the sword that spartacus gets stabbed with. Not the drum major.

My bad, sorry.

Last on the field is your 2011 DCA Mini-Corps champions, Star United of Indianpolis, Indiana. Their 2011 program is entitled "I Like Tchaik: The Music of Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky" and consists of:

Pas De Deux (from The Nutcracker)

Finale (from Symphony #4)

1812 Overture

Last on the field is your 2011 DCA Mini-Corps champions, Star United of Indianpolis, Indiana. Their 2011 program is entitled "I Like Tchaik: The Music of Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky" and consists of:

1812 Overture

I'd love to hear what a perfect 100 sounds like...

I should have worn my Adidas shoes in honor of this show.

1812 Overture

score of 107.5 just for the hell of it? :tongue:

I knew you wouldn't agree, but that's not necessary. Do I think it has an effect, of course it does. The judges are paid to adjudicate the performance on the field that night, so they would be deft if they didn't hear it and didn't let it effect their perception at least a little bit. Nothing wrong with players in the pit who have been there all season long. The point I brought up was "should it be allowed at the championships for a one shot gig?" Not those that can't march for a variety of reasons and have been in the pit the entire or most of the year. I didn't say that and I didn't expect people to agree with me.

[uote]

Isn't/wasn't thers a rule that said you had to march prelims in order to march in finals?