2011 Drum Corps Associates World Championships Finals Competition

Like Mark Dayton has any idea what drum corps is. :satisfied:

He probably knows more about drum corps than anything else : )

Well, no encore due to the weather, but we are still having a full retreat and, as far as I can tell, most of the fans are still in the stands.

It has been a pleasure being the host county for DCA for the last several years. Rochester will certainly miss you next Labor Day weekend. I hope you have enjoyed visiting us, as much as we have enjoyed having you here. Who knows, perhaps Annapolis isn't all that it's cracked up to be.

Ya'll come back now, ya hear?

In all the years at Rochester, the only negative words I heard were "...and here comes the rain....." and that was only 10 minutes ago......nice job, Rochester....a classy host.

• Like 3

Heck, we're even letting the politicians speak. When we do full retreat in the rain we do FULL retreat.

Short version:

As defending champions, we went on last. According to an actual audio tape of the judges discussion, they thought we were at least 10 points better than the 2nd place corps. They had already scored them a 95. Hence, the 105. Some say it was a mockery of the judging system. We take pride in that performance, and realize the score was kind of silly for the judges to give us. Believe me, we took plenty of ridicule over it!

However,we laid down a show that night and, regardless of the score, deserved the victory.

THAT is interesting! Maybe a 99.9 would have made more sense?

I wish I would have seen/heard it! I was out of DCA for most of the 90's so really did not know anything that went on!