2011 Drum Corps Associates World Championships Finals Competition

Trumpet is wailing backfield at the end of the ballad section of the show, almost like his heart is broken.

Fourth movement starts with a solo horn player, adding players until the full line is in.

Guard up front, half on sabers, half on flags. Drums playing a solo to the right.

Nice Latin feel to the solo, pit's really laying it down, too.

Guard now on rose flags as the horns slowly march diagonally across the field in a block triangle. They hit the center and now move forward while high mark timing. Pushing into the closing moments of the show and the energy is still high. I suspect that's going to be the same all night thanks to the cooler weather and the Finals atmosphere.

Next on the field is Carolina Gold from Greensboro, North Carolina. Their 2011 program is entitled "City That Never Sleeps" and consists of:

New York State of Mind

Metroplex

Harlem Nocturne

Blue Rondo a la Turk

Unsquare Dance

Birdland

And I'm back. Please welcome Brent Turner, who is now using my laptop to post his thoughts about the shows. I am now on my netbook, which gives me a MUCH better view of the field. Win win for everybody!

Meanwhile, Gold is finishing up their rendition of Harlem Nocturne. The performance is very strong so far. Soloists are on and I've liked what I've seen visually and from the guard.