2011 Drum Corps Associates World Championships Finals Competition

Minnesota cleans up tonight!

Congratulations to Minnesota Brass. As much as everyone has loved the Reading Empire - it's time to break it up - even if it turns out to be for one night. 2012 will be another barn-burner.

I only hope that Minnesota will make it to enough DCA shows to give a good defense to their well earned title - I've always worried (being a dinosaur) what would DCA be like with a Champion hundreds and hundreds of miles from (for instance) New Jersey.

When the first (or second - depending on how you keep count) Reading Dynasty ended 30 years ago, it opened up a decade of fierce competition that was good for DCA. Let's hope that's what the 20-teens will hold.

Well done all - be safe on your long journeys home tonight and tomorrow.

Next year I'm there. Can't take this withdrawal.

Ray, Your welcome to come down to MD anytime my friend... thumbup.gif

Is the rain serious enough that it may have delayed the show had it come earlier? I'm so happy for everyone that it held off until the finale.

Edited by Michael Boo

Congratulations to the Govenaires and to Minnasota Brass Inc. for their very well deserved championship shows. Also congratulations to DCA for supplying us at home the opportunity to be via the live feed to watch the Preliminary show. Last but not least thank you and congratulations to DCP, Kevin and crew for supplying us all at home for the live thread and commentary/pictures for both the Prelinary and Finals shows, another job extremely well done. Thanks everyone.

• Like 1

Is the rain serious enough that it may have delayed the show had it come earlier? I'm so happy for everyone that it held off until the finale.

Made finale much quicker, plus no encore, so we can all get to the post show celebrations much quicker. :D

Congrats Minnesota!

Cam

2006 Madison Alumni Reunion Corps (mello)

1997-99 Minnesota Brass (mello)

1979-81 Madison Scouts (fr horn)

1976-78 Blue Knights, St. Paul, MN (fr horn)

Edited by MadScout80

Congratulations Minnesota Brass! It's been a long time coming. Looks like DCA is a horse race once again. This just makes things all the much more interesting for Annapolis next year. It's good to have tighter and more intense competition. DCA will only get better because of it. Also congrats to Kilties for finally getting off the snide and making finals and to Mike Phillips, nice job with Tampa Bay! Great job for a first year corps.