2011 Drum Corps Associates World Championships Finals Competition

Wooooo, what a weekend!

Thank You DCA and all the participating corps, and Thank You DCP for the thrilling threads!

Congratulations MBI & Govies!! Bonus Grats to Kilties!

Govies just started playing the Wedding March. I don't see any proposals on the field, but I can't be sure.

MBI trumpet section leader proposed to a fellow MBI guard member.... she said yes!

• Like 2

"an amazing streak that's still going strong: This is year number 24 that the Empire Statesmen have finished in the Top 4."

Dale thanks for sharing that amazing tidbit, I had no idea!! Congrats to the Statesman! We love you!!! :worthy:

Edited by Welcome2Roch
  • Like 1

Is the rain serious enough that it may have delayed the show had it come earlier? I'm so happy for everyone that it held off until the finale.

YES

I have never been so wet... wait... yes I was..once!. on a hot summer night in 1972 in Whitewater WI (DCI #1) ... it rained THAT hard

Must be the water in all those lakes in Minnesota! Is this the first time Class A and Open came from same state??

happened in 2002... Brigadiers (won open) and NY Skyliners (won Class A)

of course they were probably listed as being from Garfield NJ or somewhere near there... but to me they were always from NY

Congratulations MBI and Govenaires. Awesome job everyone. Also congratulations to the Reading Buccaneers on an incredible streak that I don't think will ever be broken. Wish I could have gone but I promised Gavin that I wouldn't jinx the corps and show up at the last minute :lookaround: Another 80 pounds to lose and I'm ready to help defend the title next year.

We were some of the last ones out of the stadium and it stopped raining and turned back into a "spritz" (that's for you, JohnD) for a bit right as MBI was done getting off the field.

We were on our way down the stairs, the skies opened up again, and it was coming down worse than it was during Retreat I think. We had to run for my car in the President's Lot and I think I leaped over a few rivers that were at least 4 ft wide. Whew. We had enough plastic bags to wrap up all the electronics.

Some very important history being made here tonight.

8 out of the 14 corps in finals were from areas outside the NE. Both the Class A champion and the open class Champion are from areas outside the north east.

Surely after this season some people are going to have to recognize that DCA is no longer primarly a NE based activity.

• Like 1

YES

I have never been so wet... wait... yes I was..once!. on a hot summer night in 1972 in Whitewater WI (DCI #1) ... it rained THAT hard

Tom,

Dream contest 1960s ???????

Joe