DCA OPEN CLASS FINALS

Hey Tom, Though I agree with most or all of your points, I have to ask you one question.What committee were you on that started the class A division?

The DCA class A was the brainchild of Dan Rippon, Then director of the Westshoremen. Dan asked me if I was interested in helping him get a rule change passed at the fall congress for the formation of a class A division and I said "yes". Both Dan and myself worked the phones and Dan wrote the by law change/addition for a class A division for the upcoming season. The membership voted unanimously for the addition and the rest is history!

I read so much about how everyone loves the class A division and I really think its time that Dan Rippon gets the recognition he deserves for having the vision so many years ago.

It was and still is a great idea that has helped make the DCA a wonderful organization.

Jay

A retired DCA Director

while I clearly am glad you brought up that Dan Rippon was so involved I believe he is an unsung hero of DCA who doesn't get enough credit.

However, the rules congress where it all came down, Mickey on Saturday ordered Dan to take several people into a hotel room that night and deliver a proposal to the directors on Sunday morning. I was one of those sent into that meeting and frankly, I thought you were too... but this old mind is getting pretty fuzzy... other than Dan, I don't remember exactly who was in the room. I believe we used Dan's hotel room. I want to say Paul Chaffee was there... not sure who else... what we put in writing that night, passed the next morning... I'm sure dan would remember better than I.

In response to the title of this thread:

"DCA Open Class Finals - Should There Be"

I can definitively say yes... there should be a DCA Open Class Finals.

Moderators, please close this thread now. :tongue:

• Like 1

In response to the title of this thread:

"DCA Open Class Finals - Should There Be"

I can definitively say yes... there should be a DCA Open Class Finals.

Moderators, please close this thread now. :tongue:

I'll suggest closing the thread if you promise not to wear those gawd awful shirts again hehehehehehe :tongue:

I'll suggest closing the thread if you promise not to wear those gawd awful shirts again hehehehehehe :tongue:

Moderators, please keep this thread open!!! LOL

Cru is dead. filed bankruptcy, i think they sold everything

Thanks for that info, Jeff..... that is sad, indeed....very final.

Thanks for that info, Jeff..... that is sad, indeed....very final.

I can confirm that anything that was not sold was auctioned off by the bankruptcy court in the spring.