Hurricanes Color Guard

I remember sitting in the stands during retreat 2005 and watching a particular guard do some things that I thought was a bit over the top in a sexual nature. And mind you it takes a lot to shock me and make me feel uncomfortable. I cannot imagine what the popcorn eaters or the average fan thought of it.

depends who it was for sure...............thers has always been a double standard within our activity where one could get away with something and another NO....I guess also depends what it was..Ive seen alot that gets by now but it does on TV also....lol.....also the avrage fan as well as popcorn eaters are far and few now I believe...its just us mostly drum corp hags.......lol :tongue:

Edited by GUARDLING

after guards master the cumpulsory it will just even it out to what it is now..the problem is todays drum corps doesnt just mean the guard with no drops win....many people from the past and Im from the past well well as today, dont understand that...they see a drop and automatically think oh well so and so won....its not that cut and dry... there sre so many elements and components within a guard presentation and even the cleanest could find themselves in 2nd place ...Im sure that last statement will confuse some even more..lol...sorry

And at the same time, it is pretty clear when the number of drops out number the number of catches, that guard is out of contention....

Y'know, Jeff, I was thinking the same thing. Way back in the Dark Ages, we (and this included all corps) stood there at parade rest and didn't budge - win, lose, or draw. Even a smile got one chewed out once we were back at the bus.

I must admit to being taken aback somewhat at my first DCA retreat in 2005 in Scranton (after almost fifty years away). While waiting in the tunnel, I was stunned by the balloons, light sticks, bubbles, etc. I kinda wrote it off to youthful exhuberance until a critter in skirt danced up to me and started gyrating a la Gypsy Rose Lee. After a brief conversation with several of my colleagues, he was allowed to go away unharmed.

well, this was 1996. And in the caseof retreats at Scranton, with the insanity of Legion awards, best drum major wearing a tuxedo, best contra player with a shaved head, best announcer wearing a bad hawaiian shirt etc awards, i cant blame them

well, this was 1996. And in the caseof retreats at Scranton, with the insanity of Legion awards, best drum major wearing a tuxedo, best contra player with a shaved head, best announcer wearing a bad hawaiian shirt etc awards, i cant blame them

man you are so right..even at DCA championships at one time there was a dam award for everthing including best garbadge picker i think.........lol

ROBOTS...LOL

but we were #### clean.

when the uniforms came off however.....

:devil:

man you are so right..even at DCA championships at one time there was a dam award for everthing including best garbadge picker i think.........lol

I thought it was the best tied shoes award..

oh I wasn't done...best cymbal line, scariest guard member, person most likely to give Tom Peashey a heart attack, legionaire most likely to walk down the aisle during the chapions performance, Moosic Shriff most likely to start a fight, best college football game reaction in the stadium club, ...the list goes on

Anybody remember 2000 with the fireworks display that went on so long that everyone was deaf, blind and coughing when it ended about 20 minutes later, then they started announcing the long list of awards