Weekend Thoughts - Prelims and Finals

I have lost a lot of respect for the Kilties organization. Any time there is a negative comment about them in a thread or review, they get all defensive and start to rant. It getting old.

If you have issues with what people say on here about your corps, dont read DCP.

If you dont want to have people to say "mean" things about your corps, get better. Kilties IMHO, are not very good. Sound wise they are ok but visually, I hate them.

People give you bad reviews because they write about what they see. If you dont want a bad review....dont suck. Use it as motivation to get better.

Maybe its time to have a talk with the members of the Kilties. Your negative comments are starting to reflect poorly on your organization. If one member post 1 rant comment from a corps, no big deal. But every time kilties are mentioned, multiple members/alum freak out. GET OVER IT.

• Like 4

I have lost a lot of respect for the Kilties organization. Any time there is a negative comment about them in a thread or review, they get all defensive and start to rant. It getting old.

If you have issues with what people say on here about your corps, dont read DCP.

If you dont want to have people to say "mean" things about your corps, get better. Kilties IMHO, are not very good. Sound wise they are ok but visually, I hate them.

People give you bad reviews because they write about what they see. If you dont want a bad review....dont suck. Use it as motivation to get better.

Maybe its time to have a talk with the members of the Kilties. Your negative comments are starting to reflect poorly on your organization. If one member post 1 rant comment from a corps, no big deal. But every time kilties are mentioned, multiple members/alum freak out. GET OVER IT.

Your comments might concern me if you werent getting into it regularly with people from other corps as well. If somebody writes something which criticizes another group however well intentioned, expect someone to respond. Using your own philosophy, if you dont want to get into arguments with others, dont post critical things about other peoples groups. I think most people know that in a discussion forum, people are going to discuss. Free speech is a 2 way street.

As for the Kilties are always complaining malarkey, the one time a year anyone from Kilties says something the usual suspects with no sense of proportion or perspective comeback with the silliness you just wrote. Listen you criticize ANY corps on this forum and someone is going to respond, and it happens a lot more with other corps than the Kilties. The fact you would blow up this infrequent occurrence as somehow different or worse than anyone else just confirms to me you are one of those with a bug up their butt.

So just to be clear, we won't be getting a Christmas Card from you this year? How will we ever survive?

• Like 1

Your comments might concern me if you werent getting into it regularly with people from other corps as well. If somebody writes something which criticizes another group however well intentioned, expect someone to respond. Using your own philosophy, if you dont want to get into arguments with others, dont post critical things about other peoples groups. I think most people know that in a discussion forum, people are going to discuss. Free speech is a 2 way street.

As for the Kilties are always complaining malarkey, the one time a year anyone from Kilties says something the usual suspects with no sense of proportion or perspective comeback with the silliness you just wrote. Listen you criticize ANY corps on this forum and someone is going to respond, and it happens a lot more with other corps than the Kilties. The fact you would blow up this infrequent occurrence as somehow different or worse than anyone else just confirms to me you are one of those with a bug up their butt.

So just to be clear, we won't be getting a Christmas Card from you this year? How will we ever survive?

Getting into it regularly with people from other corps? I dont believe I have argued with anyone before about corps. Maybe about other topics but never about a corps.

(ps. its not just the kilties, i lost some respect for Alliance as well when their director posted a rant in another thread.)

My point is that Kilties like to complain about people posting negative comments about them when al lthey have to do is be better. Your fault, not theirs. DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

Edited by skeptic
  • Like 1

This thread is exactly why people don't take the time to do reviews anymore. :wall:

• Like 2

Man, and I thought I was a tad harsh at times. Just be glad that I don't have anything against the Kilties!!....other than men wearing skirts that is.

Edited by VOReason

Here's what I've concluded:

Kilties will forever be the Kilts on and off the field. Only thing we can do is embrace it and support it. If they like the product they're producting, then I'll LOVE IT just out of support.

From personal experience, this is the only way to go about it because you'll never win.

Now back to the 2011 shows. How about Corpsvets colorguard or Alliance show design? :thumbup:

I can just see all the homeless mothers leaving their babies on the steps of your rehearsal site... as they run away tearfully, they think... "Some day, my baby gone' learn to spin rifle and play the drum!!"

It's a secret, but I can tell you we raise them from infancy. :devil:

• Like 1

Biggest amount of space devoted to what she didn't like about Kilties who finally made a final! Some things never change.

well at least no thread was started dredging up a review from several years ago to bash someone about it.

and then you wonder why people do fewer reveiws. You say anything people don't like, boom, the attacks flow forth.

Good lord, you can't please everyone, accept it and move on

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

• Like 1