Weekend Thoughts - Prelims and Finals

This thread is exactly why people don't take the time to do reviews anymore. :wall:

yep.

great review again Cathie!

I can just see all the homeless mothers leaving their babies on the steps of your rehearsal site... as they run away tearfully, they think... "Some day, my baby gone' learn to spin rifle and play the drum!!"

I was thinking more along the lines of the Jedi coming and taking them away to hone their force powers

Sure Jeff, because there is never any disagreement on DCP.

disagreements are fine. grudges being held for 3 years, and whining..well it turns people off

Ahem, take the sniping to PM's.

• Like 1

And sadly Dan you appear to just have one. Any comment that doesn't kiss the Kilties and shower them with praises is someone with a grudge against them. The woman said she loved the corps itself. There were aspects about the show she didn't like. And yet that wasn't good enough for you.

For the record I agreed with what she said about the guard uniforms. I would have said worse. She was polite IMO. So based on your line of thinking I now too hate the Kilties. When in reality I don't blame the corps but a guard designer who didn't give 2 hoots what the membership would look like in garbage bags with splashes of color.

• Like 2

I have lost a lot of respect for the Kilties organization. Any time there is a negative comment about them in a thread or review, they get all defensive and start to rant. It getting old.

It's become a popular annual event. I buy my tickets early to get the best seats!

• Like 1

It's become a popular annual event. I buy my tickets early to get the best seats!

To be fair, there are only a couple people (myself included) who respond to negative comments about the Kilties over the past few years. So blaming Kilties because a couple former members take issue with some criticisms, seems awfully silly. But I hope you don't mean to imply that no one else on DCP takes issues with statements made about their favorite corps? Because that would be truly silly.

To be fair, there are only a couple people (myself included) who respond to negative comments about the Kilties over the past few years. So blaming Kilties because a couple former members take issue with some criticisms, seems awfully silly. But I hope you don't mean to imply that no one else on DCP takes issues with statements made about their favorite corps? Because that would be truly silly.

Nobody is saying that the Kilties are the only corps to reply. You guys just seem to have the most to say and just dont take criticism well....or at all. If its not gold coming out of our mouths (rather, fingers) about the guys in plaid, we are haters.

Even though it is only a few of you that post, it really does make your organization look bad and its not just on here. Last year I talked to a member of the Kilties after prelims.... they thought DCA was out to make them fold. REALLY?!?!?!

If so many of us on here say the Kilties need to change something and the only people saying they dont are are the ones affiliated with the organization then.... well you know where Im going with this.

Kilties = Narrow Minded.

Nobody is saying that the Kilties are the only corps to reply. You guys just seem to have the most to say and just dont take criticism well....or at all. If its not gold coming out of our mouths (rather, fingers) about the guys in plaid, we are haters.

Even though it is only a few of you that post, it really does make your organization look bad and its not just on here. Last year I talked to a member of the Kilties after prelims.... they thought DCA was out to make them fold. REALLY?!?!?!

If so many of us on here say the Kilties need to change something and the only people saying they dont are are the ones affiliated with the organization then.... well you know where Im going with this.

Kilties = Narrow Minded.

One would think by your reply that every word about Kilties is met with a response when in fact for the past few years the corps typically remains largely radio silent until after the season is over. Part of the reason for this is replies like yours which seem to ignore the rest of the arguing that goes on for the other 10 months of the year. And the reasoning you display that because some members and fans do respond to comments with which they don't agree, you should hate the corps. I don't know anyone with the opinion you speak of that DCA is trying to fold the Kilties. Its true that continued poor placement affects junior corps financials negatively, but Kilties are pretty solid in that department.

Basically I don't agree that push back from Kilties supporters is any more or less than any other corps. The current corps philosophy and leadership means that the emphasis will probably remain the same. Hopefully in the coming years there will be something about the shows you like, assuming of course you haven't written them off because of a few people you disagree with.

Kilties = Narrow Minded.

personally I like the Kilts..ever since i was a kid in another corps BUT I see where you are going..I wonder if the bottom 2 corps even reaslise that if the top 2 in A decided to go Open 1 or both would not have been in finals...........and that brings me back to another thread saying that just because one calls themelves Open class or even DCA saying they are because of a # doesnt mean they are.

If there is more OC corps next year some will find out that the tides are changing again within the activity and I believe many NEW things are on the horizon and just like the upper part of OC is or has been finding out make change work for you or suffer the consequence. Its so easy to see where that happens....from top to bottom sometimes..........................well good luck to all :blink: