Beddis Replacement?

Let me throw a long shot, John Mapes

I'd be pretty happy to see that, although I'm not sure how well his success in WGI would translate to DCI.

He would have to clear A LOT off of his plate... He works with like 9 different groups during the fall and winter - a couple of months out of the summer are all the "free" time he has. I'm sure he uses that time to do all of his arranging, anyways. He's also at the point in his carreer where arranging is making exponentially more money than teaching is...why would he want to?

What about Mike McIntosh making a return to the caption head position, or maybe a move up to the top spot for someone like Sean Vega from the Devils camp.

What about Mike McIntosh making a return to the caption head position, or maybe a move up to the top spot for someone like Sean Vega from the Devils camp.

So, Mike McIntosh would leave The Cavaliers, who just won drums to go to Crown? Yeah I don't think so.

As someone else posted earlier, it will end up being Hannum who takes over.

• Like 2

If Crown was in Portland, then yes. I can see him if the opportunity is there for him to write for Crusaders, Cascades or Troopers

With Lee gone who are the big names to come in and write the book for Crown? With Rennick at SCV, Mac at Cavies, and ScoJo at BD who are the big names left to come and take over the program?

Why is a "big name" necessary? Does having a "big name" on board immediatley equate to success? I guess I don't understand the penchant for needing a big name to be top tier contenders. A "big name" doesn't guarantee success. A "lesser name" can have a substantial amount of talent, just not the resume' yet. Who on Crown's staff is available to take the reins? Maybe there is a hidden gem in the organization already. I'm just saying that today's "big names" weren't always big names.

• Like 1

Why is a "big name" necessary? Does having a "big name" on board immediatley equate to success? I guess I don't understand the penchant for needing a big name to be top tier contenders. A "big name" doesn't guarantee success. A "lesser name" can have a substantial amount of talent, just not the resume' yet. Who on Crown's staff is available to take the reins? Maybe there is a hidden gem in the organization already. I'm just saying that today's "big names" weren't always big names.

This. And, I take it a step further...how many times in the last 4 or five years has a "big name" gone to this corps or that with great fanfare, only to place 11th or 13th or 17th.....meh....I'm not impressed with most of these "big names"....especially when they usually end up outsourcing most of their work to former students....

One poster this summer said toward the end of the season something like, "the Dream Team is gonna fly in this weekend and spend THE WHOLE WEEKEND with the corps, and you'll see a big difference...." Seriously? Where the heck were these big names all summer? (And this applies to MANY corps).

I don't know whether alot of people here in DCPdom consider BAC's caption heads "big names" or not, but I'll tell you one thing.....those folks were actually on the road with the corps almost the entire summer. In a couple cases, it was the whole summer less about a week off. The corps improved steadily from June through August, and I've never seen member loyalty as high as it is right now. Coincidence?

• Like 1