Beddis Replacement?

My bets are that Crown's pit will be the best pit of 2012.

Unless Cavaliers, Vanguard, and BD decide not to have pits next season, there are still a few others already standing atop that particular hill, and they're probably not going to move without a tussle. :cool:

Edited by mobrien

Unless Cavaliers, Vanguard, and BD decide not to have pits next season, there are still a few others already standing atop that particular hill, and they're probably not going to move without a tussle. :cool:

I'm sorry, I wasn't trying to de-value the other corps and their pits. Definitely, Crown's pit will not be "the only good pit" or anything. I don't like it when people act like only one corps or only one brass line or only one front ensemble is good and the rest are mediocre, because that's definitely not the case. I was just saying that with so many returning members, plus Andrew Markworth writing their book, the coming season is looking especially bright for Crown. Another thing - all of these pit kids (as well as the instructors) all know each other. So, like... Crown's pit knows people from Cavaliers' pit and BD's pit and SCV's pit as close friends (and peer musicians). They all think very highly of each other.

Of course, 2012 may be looking bright for Crown, but the season that follows (2013) looks especially dim because this season will have the entire marimba line as age-out, plus one of the synth players. So that's 6 (almost half) of their pit aging out in this season.