Gold or Silver Streaks

Plan9

Here's another : Since 1975, no Corps other than The Cadevaliers ( Cadets,'Devils, Cavaliers ) has ever won back to back DCI Titles.

along those same lines....Since 1990, except 1991 and 1993, 2 corps from the CADEVALIERS have medaled every year. AND in that same time frame, 8 times (95,99,00,01,02,03,07,11) the three took home all medals. Talk about dominating.

Edited by GREENBLUE

The Cavaliers & The Cadets are the only corps that have gotten a golden three-peat (Cavs '00-'02 & Cadets '83-'85)

They are also the only corps to have gotten the highest score recorded in DCI, a 99.150 (Cavs in '02 and Cadets in '05)

Go Green and Maroon! :)

-St. Ignatius ( All Girls) DCI's first 3 peat 75,76 and 77 ( DCI's All girl Championship didn't start until 1975 but St. Ignatius was the dominate girl corps of 1974 and arguably 1973)

-Mandarins ( Div 3) DCI's only 4 peat 96,97,98 and99 ( 2nd in 95)

• Like 1

I can think of a few brown streaks in DCI history.....

:shutup:

• Like 1

-St. Ignatius ( All Girls) DCI's first 3 peat 75,76 and 77 ( DCI's All girl Championship didn't start until 1975 but St. Ignatius was the dominate girl corps of 1974 and arguably 1973)

-Mandarins ( Div 3) DCI's only 4 peat 96,97,98 and99 ( 2nd in 95)

Has someone been reading my article on the 40-year history of DCI in the 2011 souvenir program book? :thumbup:

Here's another one from the same piece: Mandarins share the record for most titles in a single decade with The Cavaliers, taking five Division III titles in the 1990s, with Cavaliers pulling off their World Class feat between 2000 and 2007.

Santa Clara Vanguard remains the only corps to be in every DCI Worlds Finals.

To continue that thought:

Santa Clara Vanguard has never finished lower than 8th place in any DCI World Finals 1972 - present.

Along the same lines - Blue Devils has been a finalist 1974 - present and has never finished lower than 5th place 1975 - present.

The Cavaliers & The Cadets are the only corps that have gotten a golden three-peat (Cavs '00-'02 & Cadets '83-'85)

They are also the only corps to have gotten the highest score recorded in DCI, a 99.150 (Cavs in '02 and Cadets in '05)

Go Green and Maroon! :)

UMMM... Santa Clara Vanguard 1989 / 98.8 . Highest score in DCI, stood untouched for 13 years

UMMM... Santa Clara Vanguard 1989 / 98.8 . Highest score in DCI, stood untouched for 13 years

Very true, and continues to be one the best shows ever in drum corps history.

So, why are you excluding the first back to back, 73 & 74 SCV?!

I suppose. But I had to start somewhere. Drum Corps National Championships did not start with DCI either. So I suppose I could have started from 1933, '43, '53, or '63 too. But I chose 1975. You went back 2 more years than I did,( '73) and so thats cool too. SCV DCI Title repeated in '73, '74, but has never done such a back to back since. But it is worth noting, like you said, that they did so 37 years ago as well. Its a valid observation as I did state " DCI back to back Titles ", and did confine my comment above to DCI years only.

Edited by BRASSO