Change In Leadership At Forte

The Board of Directors of Overture Youth Advocacy through the Arts (OYAA!) has accepted the resignation of Executive Director and Founder Chris Green. Mr. Green was the founding Corps Director in Forte’s first season and was named Executive Director prior to its second season. Forte placed in DCI’s Open Class Finals each of its first [...]

... Read the rest of the article here - http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/2011/09/change-in-leadership-at-forte/

The Board of Directors of Overture Youth Advocacy through the Arts (OYAA!) has accepted the resignation of Executive Director and Founder Chris Green. Mr. Green was the founding Corps Director in Forte’s first season and was named Executive Director prior to its second season. Forte placed in DCI’s Open Class Finals each of its first [...]

... Read the rest of the article here - http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/2011/09/change-in-leadership-at-forte/

Chris put this whole corps together from the remnants of an imploding Memphis Sound and moved it to Texas. After only two years, this is a surprising change. I hope Chris is healthy. That would be one reason why he would have stepped down so abruptly. Best wishes, Chris.

Who's the new Forte director going to be? Those are tough shoes to fill.

• Like 1

Chris put this whole corps together from the remnants of an imploding Memphis Sound and moved it to Texas. After only two years, this is a surprising change. I hope Chris is healthy. That would be one reason why he would have stepped down so abruptly. Best wishes, Chris.

Who's the new Forte director going to be? Those are tough shoes to fill.

Answered my own question. Chris resigned to spend more time building his band program. David Smith is the new Corps Director.

All the best to Chris, not only the outgoing director at Forte, but also a DCP member. Good luck with your growing (!!!) band program!

Garry in Vegas

More surprising the more I hear about it.

Trust me....more will follow this announcement. And if I was Crossmen and Genesis...I'd be smiling right now.

I really hope they aren't smiling. In this time when corps are going inactive faster than we have them starting up, we need groups to stick around, not fall apart.

I know I personally will be devastated if Forte and Revolution aren't back on the field next year. Regardless of what mistakes have been made by people, we need to support rather than tear down groups when problems arise.

Good luck Forte, I hope we see you next year!!!

John Donovan

Director Racine Scouts Drum and Bugle Corps

I would say the same thing. There is no need to smile when corps are going through changes. But people have to understand that sometimes there are NECESSARY changes that have to be made. For instance are we sure that the former management of the corps was doing the right things? Or are we basing our thoughts and emotions on the basis that specific individuals are close friends, and that they are the only ones that can make something happen?

Either way I hope that Crossmen and Genesis lending supporting hands to their neighbors to the North. It would be a sad day if the corps left the field due to past management and problems.

To clear the air:

Chris Green, founder of Forte, is not sick; He is in GREAT health.

Second, his high school band program is EXPLODING; which is a testament to his leadership and personality. What a fine teacher he is.

Third, Chris is MORE than capable of working with DCI in the summer and his band program during the school year and summer.

Gary

• Like 1

This is a HUGE loss for the Forte family good luck to Chris I hope they can find someone that was as caring and Honest as Chris is :sad::sad:

• Like 1