Phantom 2012

164 members have voted

1. 1. top 6, even with new satf?

• yes
    • no

A 'trend' of what?

BS?

A gaggle of trolls head to a thread and spread unsubstanciated rumors - and that becomes a 'trend' to take notice of?

Get real!

rumors? what rumors are you referring to.

The "rumor" that in shaw left phantom? The point of this thread, phantom is going to take a hit, how big of a hit? anyone saying that phantom will finish 5th or better in 2012 must know something that no one else knows.

While Phantom is falling, corps like SCV are right there and improving. and these changes are how DCI as a whole changes over the years.

it all depends on if the Bluecoats, SCV, and Boston can step up and put out a better product, and also if Crown, Cadets, Bd, & Cavaliers can keep from slipping back some.

rumors? what rumors are you referring to.

The "rumor" that in shaw left phantom? The point of this thread, phantom is going to take a hit, how big of a hit? anyone saying that phantom will finish 5th or better in 2012 must know something that no one else knows.

While Phantom is falling, corps like SCV are right there and improving. and these changes are how DCI as a whole changes over the years.

"phantom is going to take a hit"

Really? Phantom lost Rennick last year - what happened then?

Phantom WON in 2008 and had the key people return for 2009. 9th place finish in 2009! Why?

"The point of this thread, phantom is going to take a hit". Really? I believe the thread asks DCP if they believe Phantom can finish 5th or above with another significant change in staff - I don't see any reference to 'falling, fallen, taking a hit' until you add it to the thread to stir things up. I'll take the bait.

I understand that you are a SCV 'honk' and will come back to rub salt in what you see as the wounds Phantom now have. What is the point until you have real evidence that this change ruins Phantom Regiment?

Its sad to see Shaw go.

It was sad to see Wren go.

It has been sad for decades to see any of these people leave.

"While Phantom is falling" I am going to enjoy making chickens and doing whatever else I can while I watch this fallen corps pratice its way to another great season.

Edited by rkfdPRphan
  • Like 3

"phantom is going to take a hit"

Really? Phantom lost Rennick last year - what happened then?

Phantom WON in 2008 and had the key people return for 2009. 9th place finish in 2009! Why?

"The point of this thread, phantom is going to take a hit". Really? I believe the thread asks DCP if they believe Phantom can finish 5th or above with another significant change in staff - I don't see any reference to 'falling, fallen, taking a hit' until you add it to the thread to stir things up. I'll take the bait.

I understand that you are a SCV 'honk' and will come back to rub salt in what you see as the wounds Phantom now have. What is the point until you have real evidence that this change ruins Phantom Regiment?

Its sad to see Shaw go.

It was sad to see Wren go.

It has been sad for decades to see any of these people leave.

"While Phantom is falling" I am going to enjoy making chickens and doing whatever else I can while I watch this fallen corps pratice its way to another great season.

Just because i like SCV does not mean that i have anything against Phantom. A lot of what happened in 2009 had to do with the "honeymoon" of phantom winning in 2008.

If i remember correctly..... Phantom won percussion in 2008. In 2009 when they finished in 9th, their percussion finished in fifth. WHY!!! WHY!!! And even then, there music as a whole finished better than the Blue Stars and Boston. WHY!! WHY!! execution was why.

Now they are without shaw, without rennick. their percussion went from elite, to... 7th. the corps itself finished 5th. WHYY WHYYY

I'm not saying phantom is going to take a hit just because SCV now has rennick and shaw, and the bluecoats brass team. I'm saying it because i see SCV improving their design team, while i see Phantom's getting worse. Is it set in stone that phantom will drop, no. But unless you know something, everyone is expecting it. and this only a bad thing if all you care about is phantom winning. Regardless phantom will put out a great show, the kids gain a lot of experience, etc.

Once again, i don't hate Phantom, i don't dislike Phantom. I love a lot of their shows. will they have a great season? yes. Pretty much every corps has a great season, will they win? I would bet against that. will they drop in position? I would bet so. and that is the point.

Just because i like SCV does not mean that i have anything against Phantom. A lot of what happened in 2009 had to do with the "honeymoon" of phantom winning in 2008.

If i remember correctly..... Phantom won percussion in 2008. In 2009 when they finished in 9th, their percussion finished in fifth. WHY!!! WHY!!! And even then, there music as a whole finished better than the Blue Stars and Boston. WHY!! WHY!! execution was why.

Now they are without shaw, without rennick. their percussion went from elite, to... 7th. the corps itself finished 5th. WHYY WHYYY

I'm not saying phantom is going to take a hit just because SCV now has rennick and shaw, and the bluecoats brass team. I'm saying it because i see SCV improving their design team, while i see Phantom's getting worse. Is it set in stone that phantom will drop, no. But unless you know something, everyone is expecting it. and this only a bad thing if all you care about is phantom winning. Regardless phantom will put out a great show, the kids gain a lot of experience, etc.

Once again, i don't hate Phantom, i don't dislike Phantom. I love a lot of their shows. will they have a great season? yes. Pretty much every corps has a great season, will they win? I would bet against that. will they drop in position? I would bet so. and that is the point.

With how you're putting it you know Regiment will drop, just saying. From what I know Paul and JD had many differences, so SCV might need to watch out what they're getting into. You never know how the season will go, but I wouldn't count out Don/Christian with the brass. They put up an amazing staff, so watch out.

That, my friend, is called a trend.

2 predictions correct out of 6 does indeed indicate a trend, a trend of bad predicting.

• Like 1

Considering that it was an entirely new group of percussion performers last year, I'd say your being a bit "over the top."

The placement they achieved is nothing short of impressive.....

I'm not sure what implications your allegations about Mr. Hills personal life have on his ability to arrange for the corps. Personally, I am far more concerned with the fact that he is not a former marching member. Regiment brass is very much about a certain style which has been handed down from one arranger to the next. While I do not doubt that Mr. Hill will be able to capture some of that tradition...there is only so much an outsider will be able to understand. Point blank: he will never truly understand SUTA.

I am very concerned as to the future status of the buick tradition - I really hope Dan Farrel pays more attention, and helps retain it.

I am a bit of a Regiment homer, but even I will admit that these changes are far from inspiring. However, I do love SCV, and am not dissapointed that they will benefit greatly from these changes.

Time will tell, but only a fool sticks their head in the sand and pretends that everything is okay.

• Like 2