Rule Proposal #3

Galen

14 members have voted

1. 1. Proposal #3

• Yes
    • No

Proposal

At a predetermined week before the last month of shows, allow a corps to make a one time, up to, 8 caption change. Corps would still be bound by the max Points at that time in the season.

Rationale

Corps have been known to massively change their show after bad critiques from the the judges in the early season. This would be reflected by a one time total makeover of captions if a corps needed it. I can see this being utilized by directors who are either new and inexperienced and not using the sophisticated corps tracking software the Knights have employed in picking captions.

After a few weeks of playing, there may be a need for a group at the bottom of the leaderboard to reboot. I do not see this being used by the corps who are already scoring at the tops of the rankings. This would give a young director a chance to get back into the game and make the season more enjoyable. I would suggest that the week be 4-5 weeks before championships. This would give the director a chance to reboot, but not impact the final weeks with corps jumping up from the bottom with a complete change in the final few weeks of a season

Impact:

The Caption Change Window would be adjusted to allow 8 captions in one day, One change per week. This is to my knowledge, something that can be done in the current scripting.

Submitted by: James Hensley, California Knights

Executive Director's addendum: If this proposal is passed, the "change date" will be set at the day immediately following the regional championships

No

Yes---i mean it has my corps IN the proposal LOL

Yes

I'm iffy on this one. If it were say 6, which double the normal changes, I'd say yes, but 8 is a total swap. Part of the game is learning how to play the game.

As it stands I'm saying No... sorry Homie

Edited by Ex VK DM