Whats the next FAD move going to be for

Kansan

A trend I would like to see happen is the LONGER cadences from the brass. (ala Troopers this year ... and Crown has done it pretty well up until this year.... they're starting to play shorter extended notes again).

As long as double stop, double stop .............. double stop and pause for 3 seconds is gone ... I'll be happy.

Now that MUSIC is back in the main focus of the design teams (at least it felt that way), I look forward to having a better flow in transitions, more volume even with a little edge to get the juices flowing .. and percussion features that flow rather than segment away from the original piece. I'm hoping the brass books will do the same. Less chop chop and more keep it real YO!

Color guards will retro to the 70's, but not the equipment work. Body work and movement will be less, but more definitive. High boots or parade boots still undecided.

Horn lines will wear costumes and do most dance sequences, including flips. Horn lines will be a little bigger.

Battery will wear current uniform, continuing the current movement format. Perhaps break dancing will reappear here.

Pits will wear whatever they happen to be wearing that day. Pits will be a little smaller.

Music will trend towards longer snippets, allowing more melody recognition. Obscurity will continue to diminish. Also, major chords and keys will surge, considerably brightening the show.

:tongue:

Hot Pants and Go-Go Boots from the 70's along with already suggested Pole Dancing; Yes, Yes, Yes,...

No, No, No .... The visual of Cavies guard in hot pants and go-go boots or Madison Scouts guard pole dancing is just wrong! :doh:

• Like 1

No, No, No .... The visual of Cavies guard in hot pants and go-go boots or Madison Scouts guard pole dancing is just wrong! :doh:

I was actually referring to the Blue Devils guard. However, are you implying that others out there who enjoy the Chippendale shows are not welcome in the world of drum corps?