Cadets 2 Announcement

jkmummer

Considering Jeff and Gino are primary Cadets people, what will happen from the end of May until the 2nd week of August? Will they then come around for the last 3 weeks, walk out with the corps for finals week and expect a win??

Worked pretty well for Reading's hornline the past several years :tongue:

Seriously though - people work in DCI and DCA all the time. If kids are dumb enough to think that Gino Cipriani is going to be in front of them all summer, and that's the only reason they are showing up...they probably shouldn't be in the corps in the first place

a couple of reactions from this..

One is that Rich Hammond is a major loss for the Bucanneers Organization. He has been there Since 2002 and has meant a great deal to thier current run. On the otherside I dont believe that extending the age to 25 for former marching members of the Cadets is that big of pool.. Many people are who march Cadets are not from the immediate area and I dont think they will have that many ageouts marching with them. Also people who are putting them at the top starting from scratch are mistaken. They will have the majority of thier membership comprised of raw yet talented kids who couldnt make the 150 that comprise the Cadets. As good as Blue Devils B and Vangaurd Cadets are neither one would have Won DCA this year and that is on an everyday schedule not a weekend only rehearsal schedule. Corps like Empire, Bucs, Cabs, Hurcs, and MBI do have alot of youth in thier corps, but draw alot from thier experienced membership that could be 30 or 40 years old that know what it takes to perform at a high level with only weekends to rehearse. All this being said I'm excited to have another competitve all age corps in Open Class and wish everyone well for the upcoming season.

Also, many kids who march DCI do so for 1 or 2 years, for whatever reasons, i.e. time, money, work, school. There may be many cadets alum who have not yet reached the ripe old age of 21 marching with C2. You will have some 18, 19, 20 year old Cadets alumni with them. Not just 22-25 year old age outs.

Worked pretty well for Reading's hornline the past several years :tongue:

Seriously though - people work in DCI and DCA all the time. If kids are dumb enough to think that Gino Cipriani is going to be in front of them all summer, and that's the only reason they are showing up...they probably shouldn't be in the corps in the first place

exactly....and those involved now know this. There is hardly a person who is there 24/7...people come in and out all the time

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't think he would. The news here is Rich Hammond is the Program Coordinator.

Also how does this corps get taught when all these people will be spending their summers with C1

The announcement said that all of these guys are on the design team, not the instructional staff. I'm sure other people will be teaching Cadets2 at least most of the time.

• Like 1

The announcement said that all of these guys are on the design team, not the instructional staff. I'm sure other people will be teaching Cadets2 at least most of the time.

I am sure a lot of people either missed that or did not understand the difference between design team and instructional staff.

I am putting my money down on the table right now. Cadets 2 WILL win DCA's in 2012.

I am not so sure about that. Anything could happen. I do suspect there will be a change in the top 5 this year with Cadets breaking into the mix.

Throw Kidsgrove Scouts into the mix and that means two of the top 5 have to move down. Going to shake things up for sure in 2012.

I am putting my money down on the table right now. Cadets 2 WILL win DCA's in 2012.

I figure the odds are in my favor. If you want to put your money where your mouth is I put $100 on it right now that they will not win in 2012. Bet????

I figure the odds are in my favor. If you want to put your money where your mouth is I put $100 on it right now that they will not win in 2012. Bet????

You got to give him atleast 5 to 1 odds.... if you win to for it's 100 if he wins you should give him 500. Now the playing field is even. You should also probably parlay that with a couple of caption awards we could easily be up to a grand. Also I would take the over in the Yankee/Tigers game, Aj's pitching has been subpar and the Yankees tend to put on a hitting clinic while AJ is on the mound to cover for his faults. Additionally I would probably take Kenny Florian at +245 against Jose Aldo this weekend, he's a got a pace to cage fighting that's hard for anyone to keep up with. So by my calculations: Cadets 2 (-500) + the Over (-110 @9.5) + Kenflo (+245) should net you about 600 for 1 Benjamin.... wait, what was the topic? :shutup: I'm new to this I swear.....

:cool:

• Like 1

You got to give him atleast 5 to 1 odds.... if you win to for it's 100 if he wins you should give him 500. Now the playing field is even. You should also probably parlay that with a couple of caption awards we could easily be up to a grand. Also I would take the over in the Yankee/Tigers game, Aj's pitching has been subpar and the Yankees tend to put on a hitting clinic while AJ is on the mound to cover for his faults. Additionally I would probably take Kenny Florian at +245 against Jose Aldo this weekend, he's a got a pace to cage fighting that's hard for anyone to keep up with. So by my calculations: Cadets 2 (-500) + the Over (-110 @9.5) + Kenflo (+245) should net you about 600 for 1 Benjamin.... wait, what was the topic? :shutup: I'm new to this I swear.....

:cool:

Ill give him 2-1 odds of them not making 1st place in 2012. :):) and I am NOT new to this :):):):):):):)