Cadets design team sets stage for 2012

It's interesting that this innocuous annoncement is getting so much attention. The negative commenters receive Boo's brick award. I don't know where the Cadets will take this show, but if composers like Holsinger have music available like Perilous Skies, the Cadets miight create a tremendous show.

I also notice that in discussing the musical possibilities, there is no mention of Richard Rogers's Victory at Sea. His composition contains great music and arrangements. Corps have played some VAS, but in my HO did not capture the qualiity or spirit of the music.

Edited by kdoh

also, I'm still amazed that the minds who came up with Little Jeffrey also came up with Angels and Demons.... how'd that happen?

Wait wait wait, wasn't Jeffery supposed to be Damien ?( or however it's spelled )

It's interesting that this innocuous annoncement is getting so much attention. The negative commenters receive Boo's brick award. I don't know where the Cadets will take this show, but if composers like Holsinger have music available like Perilous Skies, the Cadets miight create a tremendous show.

I also notice that in discussing the musical possibilities, there is no mention of Richard Rogers's Victory at Sea. His composition contains great music and arrangements. Corps have played some VAS, but in my HO did not capture the qualiity or spirit of the music.

No its not. This is SOP for DCP -- endlessly discuss the smallest bit of news in the offseason. I think Hop sends these design dribbles *just* for DCPs consumption -- it's like throwing a chicken wing into a pond full of crocodiles ( "Butter Hook!").

Edited by corpsband

No its not. This is SOP for DCP -- endlessly discuss the smallest bit of news in the offseason. I think Hop sends these design dribbles *just* for DCPs consumption -- it's like throwing a chicken wing into a pond fool of crocodiles ( "Butter Hook!").

I concur with this statement...that sounds "hoppy"

There was nothing wrong with Toy Souldier.... it just wasn't the best show out there that year.

and that's to say the BD was??? The lack of virutosity and demand in that show was appalling. I expected more from the Blue Devils. A 1/4 of the show members were moving the mirrors. Sure, the mirrors were a great effect but I thought the activity was about virtuosity and excellence within demand. Take Crown for instance...the environmental demands of that show were outrageous and most of their show was very well put together. IMO a little too cerebral but still they had a great hornline and guard and performed remarkably well in the music ensemble category given the circumstances. (-Danzon No. 2)

• Like 1

and that's to say the BD was??? The lack of virutosity and demand in that show was appalling. I expected more from the Blue Devils. A 1/4 of the show members were moving the mirrors. Sure, the mirrors were a great effect but I thought the activity was about virtuosity and excellence within demand. Take Crown for instance...the environmental demands of that show were outrageous and most of their show was very well put together. IMO a little too cerebral but still they had a great hornline and guard and performed remarkably well in the music ensemble category given the circumstances. (-Danzon No. 2)

Someone just pulled the "environmental demand" card....

• Like 1

No its not. This is SOP for DCP -- endlessly discuss the smallest bit of news in the offseason. I think Hop sends these design dribbles *just* for DCPs consumption -- it's like throwing a chicken wing into a pond fool of crocodiles ( "Butter Hook!").

DCP's ego has gotten that big has it? He doesn't send it to the thousands of fans and alumni to continue their engagement with the cadets in the off-season? To establish a continued relationship and good-will with the Cadets? No, he clearly makes press releases just so a few dozen people can chew it up publicly online... right...

But on topic, I like the idea! We'll wait for the music selections which can only be great!

DCP's ego has gotten that big has it? He doesn't send it to the thousands of fans and alumni to continue their engagement with the cadets in the off-season? To establish a continued relationship and good-will with the Cadets? No, he clearly makes press releases just so a few dozen people can chew it up publicly online... right...

But on topic, I like the idea! We'll wait for the music selections which can only be great!

we all like to think were that important..dont we...lmao :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

depends what you call demand................running....field coverage....or constricted space....full long winded songs verses a carefully costructed blend of many..................its all subjective and for as many who believe one thing there are just as many who believe the opposite. Despite what you read here on DCP