Cadets design team sets stage for 2012

I don't doubt the interest that people have with DCP. George is just as curious of what others have to say on DCP as all of us are. But should we really say that That seems a little presumptuous.

btw nice to see you again corpsband! :D

perhaps you took it a little too literally and perhaps i needed to post a sarcasm emoticon -- that is -- if DCP actually support jimlad jimlad.gif !!

anyway i don't think i'd put it past Hop to stir up DCP (even if this particular press release was not intended to do that). he hates all the attention.ph34r.gif

depends what you call demand................running....field coverage....or constricted space....full long winded songs verses a carefully costructed blend of many..................its all subjective and for as many who believe one thing there are just as many who believe the opposite. Despite what you read here on DCP

They are all demand...but I'm just saying that there was less demand in that show than previous. They ran, BD always runs and so does Garfield. Crown does an excellent job of long winded songs as well as carefully constructed blends. Also, the new ending to Crown's show in 2011 had some very constricted space. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that "demand" doesn't get enough credit. That could be attributed to the judging system but then again that's why we are revamping it.

yeah im sure he looks to us here for insperation..lol

You'd be surprised, The Cadets show from 2007 was entirely open source music submitted by fans, he chose the closer from the Karl Jenkins show I submitted (edit: it was actually submitted by a corps member, but it didn't change the fact I got a crapload of free dvds and a t-shirt). I posted on here about last year when the wind symphony of the college I attend played "Angels in the Architecture" that it would make a FANTASTIC drum corps show and now that rep has won them another title. I also believe Blue Knights last season were taking submissions for musical rep ideas for their 2010 program.

The guy on here who from his BALLIN fantasy uniform designs for most every corps got calls from madison, phantom, scv, etc. Started here on DCP. There's no reason to think that the next big show designer, music arranger, drill writer, etc couldn't come from DCP because it's already happened before. It's a big world. You're only going to find the next big thing if you go looking for it.

Edited by Huntington Mallets
  • Like 1

Bocook wrote At Dawn They Slept, one of my favorite concert band pieces of all time. I hope he revisits this piece and modifies it for the Cadets. :satisfied:

Gordon Prange also wrote 'At Dawn We Slept"....

http://www.amazon.com/At-Dawn-We-Slept-Untold/dp/0140157344

Maybe also include "Batley Townswomans Guild presents the Battle of Pearl Harbour" from Monty Python?

Edited by IllianaLancerContra

You'd be surprised, The Cadets show from 2007 was entirely open source music submitted by fans, he chose the closer from the Karl Jenkins show I submitted (edit: it was actually submitted by a corps member, but it didn't change the fact I got a crapload of free dvds and a t-shirt). I posted on here about last year when the wind symphony of the college I attend played "Angels in the Architecture" that it would make a FANTASTIC drum corps show and now that rep has won them another title. I also believe Blue Knights last season were taking submissions for musical rep ideas for their 2010 program.

The guy on here who from his BALLIN fantasy uniform designs for most every corps got calls from madison, phantom, scv, etc. Started here on DCP. There's no reason to think that the next big show designer, music arranger, drill writer, etc couldn't come from DCP because it's already happened before. It's a big world. You're only going to find the next big thing if you go looking for it.

also use for amusement....lol :tongue:

Snoopy versus the Red Baron and the Return of the Red Baron.

I always thought they were British, but they were from Florida!

MIKE

You forgot "Snoopys Christmas". And they actually released an entire airplane themed album back in the 60s. I was in elementary school and someone bought it for me.

...thought it sucked even at that young age....

Should be interesting but always thought a Mini corps show of WWII era music would work well (as long as "Der Fuehrers Face" was included).....

Back on topic: How about a tribute to the Pearl City Monkey Bar a short car ride from the Navy Base? If you've been there no explaination is needed... or possible... Place had a huge glass fronted monkey house behind the bar with a bunch of small monkeys , trees, vines, etc, etc. High point was drunks watching the monkeys watching the drunks watching the...... ("Yes, honey it was a business trip...")

Edited by JimF-LowBari

You forgot "Snoopys Christmas". And they actually released an entire airplane themed album back in the 60s. I was in elementary school and someone bought it for me.

...thought it sucked even at that young age....

:w00t: How can you SAY such a thing! :tongue:

Should be interesting but always thought a Mini corps show of WWII era music would work well (as long as "Der Fuehrers Face" was included).....

Also have to include "Does the Chewing gum Lose Its Flavor on the Bedpost overnight" :smile: