Key Poulan to Glassmen

hey im agreeing with you...

No worries... It wasn't intended to sound snarky or snappy towards you. Sorry if it came across that way.

but I think DCI and each Corps administrators could really stand to take some sports psychology classes and some conferences about dealing with press and media.

• Like 2

No worries... It wasn't intended to sound snarky or snappy towards you. Sorry if it came across that way.

but I think DCI and each Corps administrators could really stand to take some sports psychology classes and some conferences about dealing with press and media.

no problem :smile: sometimes the less said the better...not that people accept that these days

Edited by GUARDLING

Indeed, and if you weren't so busy taking my quotes out of context, you'd notice me saying that I think championship organizations are far better suited to this sort of move, not thirteeenth-place ones...if you can't be bothered to read my posts I won't bother responding to yours in the future.

Seriously, dude, it's literally in the same post you quoted. Talk about frustrating.

Well, if 13th is an essential part of your context....Suncoast Sound turned over arranging to a brand-new arranger by the name of Robert Smith in 1981. Took them two years to get to 13th.

I don't think it is out of context to suggest that it might still be possible to select a talented arranger new to DCI and achieve success, in the same manner that these corps did. But you are welcome to disagree.

• Like 1

Then don't put it on your g-d websites.

These people bringing it upon themselves, they plaster it on their website announcements. If it isn't true, or if you don't want people to know why you really left... then don't say anything. And ask the group you are affiliated with not to, as well.

I read Key's Facebook page last night. what his family is going thru is no joke, and if that's what he said he was doing, I'll take his word for it. I've had the pleasure of knowing the man for several years now,and working with him in some small capacities with arrangements he has done for units I have been affiliated with.

Ok, I'm kind of outing myself as far as where I've marched, but...

Key was on the road this summer. A LOT. Way way way more than I would have ever expected an arranger to be, and certainly more than Don was with Glassmen when I was there (not slamming, just saying). He's certainly not kidding about the availability portion of his bio.

Key is one of the funniest and more interesting people to talk to on tour. Even as a first year member of SCV we actually had a series of very constructive conversations about the show, his workload and his experience, all of which I consider valuable portions of my SCV summer. You can really tell he cares about the members and the product they are performing.

I'm really really excited to see what he does for my first drum corps home, and having experienced his work at my second one, I can guarantee that G fans will be pleased.

I wish him and his family nothing but the best.

• Like 3

Absolutely, Positively, WRONG.

Key is a friend of mine and one of the nicest if not THE nicest guy ive ever met in this activity. Key has a wonderful family and home is where he is needed right now.

Stop all the speculation and the theories, I promise you they will be all wrong.

Jay

Having known Key since his years as the director at Clovis High, I can vouch for the above 100000%. The things some people want to believe and just throw up ... out to the public as fact are just unbelievable sometimes. I was lucky to be able to visit with him for a bit when we hosted SCV while they were in Houston and I could feel the passion he still had for SCV even with the problems at home surrounding him.

Good luck in this new venture, Key. But most of all, good thoughts and prayers to you and your wife during this hard time.

• Like 1

In my opinion. . . .it is time for a MANAGEMENT change from Executive Director on down. If this organization is to survive then the board of directors need to take control of the organization.

• Like 4