Officially announced. Cavaliers have a new visual designer.

Wow, truly the end of an era. I really don't want to see Mr. Gaines end up somewhere else. If he is leaving the Cavies I hope he is leaving the activity as the announcement suggests. His style is so distinctly Cavies that it just wouldn't seem right. I can't think of another designer I feel this way about (mean that as a compliment).

• Like 1

Wow, truly the end of an era. I really don't want to see Mr. Gaines end up somewhere else. If he is leaving the Cavies I hope he is leaving the activity as the announcement suggests. His style is so distinctly Cavies that it just wouldn't seem right. I can't think of another designer I feel this way about (mean that as a compliment).

Frankly,

If he did decide to go to SCV, I'd be okay with that. It would be really cool to witness this generation's version of the dream team of drum corps design.

He's certainly earned the right to do whatever he likes, not that one needs to earn the right to do what you want, but he's given both the activity and The Cavaliers plenty of great designs. smile.gif

jeffry fiedler to michael gaines on facebook.

"Michael, Congratulations. While no one wants to believe you're actually retiring to do some other things in life (what's there to do besides drum corps, anyhow?) allow me to clarify that you're not going anywhere else, but a beach, a rainforest, the lunar surface and maybe the Great Barrier Reef! Send me a postcard from the Amazon, please! Best to you and let's do dinner soon, before the Michael Gaines World Tour begins!""

• Like 7

"Michael, Congratulations. While no one wants to believe you're actually retiring to do some other things in life (what's there to do besides drum corps, anyhow?) allow me to clarify that you're not going anywhere else, but a beach, a rainforest, the lunar surface and maybe the Great Barrier Reef! Send me a postcard from the Amazon, please! Best to you and let's do dinner soon, before the Michael Gaines World Tour begins!""

i rest my case

• Like 3

As long as they don't lose their originality and become like any other corps. thumbup.gif

So, Richard Hinshaw must look like Michael Gaines in order for it to be The Cavaliers?

Wow. Mr. Richard Hinshaw has got some gigantic shoes to fill. Best of luck to The Cavaliers in 2012 and the years following! With or without Michael Gaines you are still one of my favorite corps!

I think I'm going to puke. :throwupen:

• Like 1

That World tour has to end at some point. And, when it does...

Sunnyvale is less than an hour away from San Fran.

Edited by boxingfred

That World tour has to end at some point. And, when it does...

Sunnyvale is less than an hour away from San Fran.

There is more to life than drum corps. I'm sure he has no intention on coming back to work for anybody.

BTW, i will need all of your paypal accounts to all those who doubted me.

• Like 3