Canada in DCI

Yes we do take those drab uncoloured bills.... but when we go down there, we cannot even pass a penny.... too bad the courtesy only goes one way. :tongue:

Hi Cathy,

I once convinced a retailer in the US that "Canadian Tire Money" was legal currency.

Yikes, did the map get taken down????

Yes we do take those drab uncoloured bills.... but when we go down there, we cannot even pass a penny.... too bad the courtesy only goes one way. :tongue:

ROFLMAO! That isn't always entirely true (depending on the currency exchange rate). I've run out of Canadian money in Canada before and had to pay with American money, which was happily accepted provided I took the change in Canadian currency. Gee, I wonder what happened to the difference? People on both sides of the border have been playing that game for years now. :tongue:

ROFLMAO! That isn't always entirely true (depending on the currency exchange rate). I've run out of Canadian money in Canada before and had to pay with American money, which was happily accepted provided I took the change in Canadian currency. Gee, I wonder what happened to the difference? People on both sides of the border have been playing that game for years now. :tongue:

That's so true. In the US the further you get away from the border the more strange the looks get when you try to pass a purples Queen's head. Since the exchange rate is prettly much at par these days it all washes out.

We had two or three shows in Canada when I marched. The shows themselves were a lot of fun. But the border crossings seemed to take forever (even then), and for members, the issue of suddenly having the "wrong" money was a drag. I remember a bunch of us going to McDonald's after a show and while they were not very happy with our US dollars, they DID take them. I'm sure most of the members today have credit or debit cards, so it wouldn't be as much of a problem.

Don't complain TOO much, Dave....the delay in crossing the border in 84 is what got you guys fed after the Pt. Huron show!

There were a lot great corps from Canada, most being very unique from thier brothers and sisters from the U.S. . Let's check the ol' memory bank: Connexion Quebec, L'Insolite, Les Etoiles, Les Eclipse, Dutch Boy, Kiwanis Kavaliers, The Strutters, The Ventures, The Bandettes, The Cardinals, Allegiance Elite, Oakland Crusaders, Academie Musicale, Les Chatelaianes, St. Johns, The Emerald Knights. I'm sure I'm missing some; these are corps that I recall from A-60, A-90, all girl, and open class (how's that for "back in the day!"). :thumbup:

Not too shabby. Here's a couple. Calgary Cavaliers (can't forget them, a girl from that corps was my first kiss at the 89 A/A-60 social, hahaha). And I seem to remember a Mouseqeuteers, an all girl corps from Quebec.

B.C. had a couple corps competing in the NW during the 70s/80s. The Pacific Blue and their feeder corps, the Pacific Blue Beavers. There was also the Pacificaires (they might have been winterguard only - not sure).