Did this not bother anyone else?

Agreed; but that's why I boldfaced your claim the "everyone" did it. "Many" isn't "everyone."

EVERYONE

:ph34r:

Pre-Judging can do that.

And the Jim Ott is only awarded on one night.

Olive

so was it prejudging for Phantoms percussion in 2010?

Actually the lack of visual demand in Crown's show this year was probably one of the largest reasons I didnt enjoy their show that much. The music was alright, I dunno.. Crown seemed off this year. Maybe it was the arrangements? Maybe the heavy emphasis on dance/pit involvement? I dunno it just didnt feel like drum corps to me. It felt like a completely different corps from last year or 2009. I just didnt like the direction Crown took this year. Not to say that they werent good, or didnt perform at a high level, I just didnt enjoy the direction that the corps headed in. I really hope they can go back to what they were in 2008, excellent drill with even more excellent brass sound. Finis was SUCH an amazing program... I get chills to this day every time I watch it on FN.

Here's to hoping they take a few steps back and do what crown does best next year!

• Like 1

Actually the lack of visual demand in Crown's show this year was probably one of the largest reasons I didnt enjoy their show that much. The music was alright, I dunno.. Crown seemed off this year. Maybe it was the arrangements? Maybe the heavy emphasis on dance/pit involvement? I dunno it just didnt feel like drum corps to me. It felt like a completely different corps from last year or 2009. I just didnt like the direction Crown took this year. Not to say that they werent good, or didnt perform at a high level, I just didnt enjoy the direction that the corps headed in. I really hope they can go back to what they were in 2008, excellent drill with even more excellent brass sound. Finis was SUCH an amazing program... I get chills to this day every time I watch it on FN.

Here's to hoping they take a few steps back and do what crown does best next year!

people do understand dance, body etc is visual demand right?

There is so much more to visual demand than just running around the field at 200 bpm.

• Like 1

I personally enjoyed Crown's show and, in my opinion, that was the best hornline in DCI history.

I felt their visual demand was very adequate and part of the visual that raised the demand on the hornline was how spread out they were. I do accept that they stood during the triple tonguing but please tell me of another line that had a triple tonguing passage much less to the degree Crown pulled it off.

Anyways, I said it was just my opinion:)

• Like 4

I personally enjoyed Crown's show and, in my opinion, that was the best hornline in DCI history.

I felt their visual demand was very adequate and part of the visual that raised the demand on the hornline was how spread out they were. I do accept that they stood during the triple tonguing but please tell me of another line that had a triple tonguing passage much less to the degree Crown pulled it off.

Anyways, I said it was just my opinion:)

Seeing as how you're a star alum, i feel as though there is a great deal of bias in your opinion

and i do agree that them standing still while playing it was a good idea. If they tried it on the move it probably wouldn't of been as clean. Which could've separated them from winning the Jim Ott, or receiving 2nd place.

people do understand dance, body etc is visual demand right?

There is so much more to visual demand than just running around the field at 200 bpm.

Yes I do understand that, but dancing is not harder than running around a field at 200 BPM while playing unless you are doing some SERIOUS dancing at a professional level. I was refering to the dancing more as a u-turn from where the corps has been in the past more than it wasnt difficult.