Will Phantom Wear Tan Unis Again?

Random fact....

95 Regiment was originally going to wear rust colored uniforms. To better fit with the Scheherezade theme.

I still haven't decided if it was a good idea either way (black or rust).

As I recall, Cesario had talked about each member wearing a different colored uniform for the 94 Rite of Spring show (that didn't make it past November). Thankfully, cooler heads prevailed...

will they go back? Im sayin yes

Actually, I received news from one of the new section leaders that PR is actually going back to the old Stansbury uniforms. Yes, they are going to be khaki. But it supposedly goes with the show for 2012 (I don't know what it is yet...he hasn't told me yet). The FJM thing wasn't working out for them and it was just too expensive. They're also switching to Dynasty horns because they are so low on money. Expect a bit of an off year.

• Like 1

They're also switching to Dynasty horns because they are so low on money. Expect a bit of an off year.

That would surely sound better than that poorly soldered Jupiter trash.

Sounds like they are playing on those trumpets you buy off ebay from india. UGH.

Not a dog on the corps, a dog on Jupiter ( I know the trumpets are way better than what they are being forced to play on )

• Like 1

Expect a bit of an off year.

:grrr: I will expect no such thing as I am trying auditioning there this year!! :soapbox:

Edited by Barifonium
  • Like 1

:grrr: I will expect no such thing as I am trying auditioning there this year!! :soapbox:

Don't let the chance of an "off year" deter you from trying out there. You're still gonna have a fantastic summer even if the corps doesn't necessarily place well. Hell, the only two years that I marched are both considered off years for that corps. You'll remember the experience more than the placement. Trust me.

• Like 3

Don't let the chance of an "off year" deter you from trying out there. You're still gonna have a fantastic summer even if the corps doesn't necessarily place well. Hell, the only two years that I marched are both considered off years for that corps. You'll remember the experience more than the placement. Trust me.

I know, I've marched before... it was more a rebuke of his pessimism.

Actually, I received news from one of the new section leaders that PR is actually going back to the old Stansbury uniforms. Yes, they are going to be khaki. But it supposedly goes with the show for 2012 (I don't know what it is yet...he hasn't told me yet). The FJM thing wasn't working out for them and it was just too expensive. They're also switching to Dynasty horns because they are so low on money. Expect a bit of an off year.

1 post to your credit and this?

Really?

By the way... welcome to The Planet.