Will Phantom Wear Tan Unis Again?

:grrr: I will expect no such thing as I am trying auditioning there this year!! :soapbox:

Meh; the year is exactly what you and other Phantom Regiment members make of it.

Good luck with auditions, and if you make the corps Phans will expect nothing less than another great year of performances!!

Actually, I received news from one of the new section leaders that PR is actually going back to the old Stansbury uniforms. Yes, they are going to be khaki. But it supposedly goes with the show for 2012 (I don't know what it is yet...he hasn't told me yet). The FJM thing wasn't working out for them and it was just too expensive. They're also switching to Dynasty horns because they are so low on money. Expect a bit of an off year.

If true, and that's a big if, it makes sense, as Phantom has never exactly had money to spare. That's hardly news after all of these years.

I don't think, however, living on a budget equates to having an off year. Phantom's used Dynasty to great effect before. I'm excited to see what they may do with Stanbury if they indeed return to the old design, with new colors. Could be cool.

Mike

Actually, I received news from one of the new section leaders that PR is actually going back to the old Stansbury uniforms. Yes, they are going to be khaki. But it supposedly goes with the show for 2012 (I don't know what it is yet...he hasn't told me yet). The FJM thing wasn't working out for them and it was just too expensive. They're also switching to Dynasty horns because they are so low on money. Expect a bit of an off year.

WOW! Readers in this thread put way too much belief into this post!

This is their FIRST post and you take it as 100% REAL????

Come on!

There are 'key words' that those of us that have been in drum corps for decades should be focused on. Those words prove the validity of the statement........besides I will KNOW the truth in about 7 weeks when volunteer season starts again.

Remember, contracts cannot be broken even when section leaders change............

• Like 1

Any recent good corps play on Dynasty's lately? I want to hear what they sound like.

Any recent good corps play on Dynasty's lately? I want to hear what they sound like.

BD was on Dynasty until 09 or 10, and I think Glassmen is still on them, along with PC.

• 2 weeks later...

I know it is a bit late, but on the DCA side, Bucs, Minnesota Brass, and Hurcs, all used dynasty brass this year

show for 2012.... Expect a bit of an off year.

If 2012 is an off year like 2011 was supposed to be I will once again be pleasantly entertained by Phantom Regiment.

Edited by InspaDave

If 2012 is an off year like 2011 was supposed to be I will once again be pleasantly entertained by Phantom Regiment.

I'll second that. :thumbup:

the corps members never know anything about the uniform this early on. they barely know when summer is rolling around... I call BS