DCI/NFL

OK, so a friend of mine is going to be teaching Crossmen this upcoming year. And he was telling me he wants to create a certain vibe there or a certain image of renegades who don't really care what others think, old school, bad###, whatever. I said back, "So, the Oakland Raiders of drum corps?" He was like "YES!!!" So.......

We started playing a game of which NFL team best represents which drum corps. I have a list in mind but I want to hear some of yours first. Here are a couple of guidelines that I have used. Good hornlines equate to good offenses and good percussion equals good defense. This is an oversimplification of course, but it seems that brass is a little bit more about finesse and attention to detail and drums is a little bit more um.....testosterone. so here are like my top 4

Cadets = Dallas. The corps/team that everyone loves to hate. And Cadets fans wouldn't mind the corps being called America's corps and everyone else would completely roll their eyes just like as people respon to the Cowboys. Its ironic cause I marched Cadets and I HATE the Cowboys.

Blue Devils = New England. Just cause both are the most consistent and balanced at what they do. And many are jealous for it

Cavaliers = Chicago. some of it is the location. other is the old tradition. consistent concept overall from year to year.

Crown = New Orleans. both are recent crowd favorites. Awesome brass and awesome offense. Both got good at right about the same time.

I know I said 4 but 1 more

Bluecoats = Indianapolis. the brass/offense thing again and it just seems to fit.

Anyways, I thought it would be fun and would lead to some lively discussion. Probably lead to some crazy unforeseen off topic. All is good. satisfied.gif

Edited by Cadets98

Phantom = Green Bay: I find it really hard not to like either of them :smile:

Vanguard = San Diego: Always have the talent, never get it done at the end of the season

OR, as of this season,

= Philadelphia: Added A LOT of new pieces to help improve the team. Hopefully, SCV doesn't start as slow as the Eagles are :shutup:

Spirit of Atlanta = Detroit: Improved a lot as the season went on (the Lions have won their last 11 games [including preseason]!!)

Blue Devils = St. Louis '99-'01: the Greatest Show on Turf. 'nuff said.

Edited by Cadetalier

BD=49ers=(most championships in the shortest time frame).

Cavaliers=Cowboys=(as much as you want to hate them they really are great)

Cadets=Steelers=(solid and always deadly in the post season)

Madison=Packers=(America's real team)

SCV=Broncos=( champs yes but bridesmaids so many other times ... always put on a great show)

Velvet Knights=Cleveland Browns=(so what they never won the big one gotta love em)

Kingsmen=Chargers=(seriously..the colors are close and well.. so are they geographically) etc.

Phantom Regiment=Chicago Bears=(lots of respect for both teams)

OK, so a friend of mine is going to be teaching Crossmen this upcoming year. And he was telling me he wants to create a certain vibe there or a certain image of renegades who don't really care what others think, old school, bad###, whatever. I said back, "So, the Oakland Raiders of drum corps?" He was like "YES!!!" So.......

We started playing a game of which NFL team best represents which drum corps. I have a list in mind but I want to hear some of yours first. Here are a couple of guidelines that I have used. Good hornlines equate to good offenses and good percussion equals good defense. This is an oversimplification of course, but it seems that brass is a little bit more about finesse and attention to detail and drums is a little bit more um.....testosterone. so here are like my top 4

Cadets = Dallas. The corps/team that everyone loves to hate. And Cadets fans wouldn't mind the corps being called America's corps and everyone else would completely roll their eyes just like as people respon to the Cowboys. Its ironic cause I marched Cadets and I HATE the Cowboys.

Blue Devils = New England. Just cause both are the most consistent and balanced at what they do. And many are jealous for it

Cavaliers = Chicago. some of it is the location. other is the old tradition. consistent concept overall from year to year.

Crown = New Orleans. both are recent crowd favorites. Awesome brass and awesome offense. Both got good at right about the same time.

I know I said 4 but 1 more

Bluecoats = Indianapolis. the brass/offense thing again and it just seems to fit.

Anyways, I thought it would be fun and would lead to some lively discussion. Probably lead to some crazy unforeseen off topic. All is good. satisfied.gif

good stuff tho BD could also be applied to my Cowboys. Not sure about the Cavies/Bears, only because the Bears pretty much lead to heartbreak anymore.

Madison Scouts=Packers. Always there, full of tradition, yet never afraid to try new things. Scott Stewart was the Lombardi of DCI to many

Boston Crusaders= Philadelphia Eagles. usually loaded with talent and attitude, but never seem to break that glass wall.

SCV= New York Giants. Always around, in the mix, with a great history

Kingsmen=Chargers=(seriously..the colors are close and well.. so are they geographically) etc.

One big difference: the Kingsmen actually won a a championship.

• Like 1

Chicago Bears = Pioneer

Both have QBs who consistently make questionable choices ultimately resulting in competitive disaster.

I love both of 'em anyway!