Drum corps stadium profiles

Today's update will be a "cheesy" one- sure to meet the approval of Boo. :smile:

Updated with another of contrajedi's favorites as well as a nice slice of DCI history.

If you find this "legendary" Michael Boo, would you please ask him to stop using my name?

Mike, back in 1977, when I was a rookie in a small corps no that one here has ever heard of - with dreams of someday being in a big time corps - you were featured in the DCI Yearbook. Of course being 15 and impressionable and idolizing the Cavaliers like my son now idolizes NFL teams, I had pretty much memorized the yearbook. So you were my Tom Brady. Just thought you should know.

This stadium project is pretty cool. Brings back some meories for me having matched in several of these. Can't wait to see more. Ypsilanti, Rice Univ., Lake Highlands TX, Alton IL, Michigan City, Port Huron MI, Malden MS, Horicon WI, Marion OH, South Pittsburgh TN (!!), Ogdensburg NY, the "old" Stillwater MN, Boston College, Bayonne NJ are all photos I'd like to see.

Wow, I just found a box of drum corps stuff and it had iteneraries from 77-81. We had a show at Lambeau Field in 81. I don't remember.

Mike, back in 1977, when I was a rookie in a small corps no that one here has ever heard of - with dreams of someday being in a big time corps - you were featured in the DCI Yearbook. Of course being 15 and impressionable and idolizing the Cavaliers like my son now idolizes NFL teams, I had pretty much memorized the yearbook. So you were my Tom Brady. Just thought you should know.

Actually, it was 1976, when they chose to feature one member from each corps that got a full-page write-up. And I dare say that initial exposure planted the desire to justify my selection by trying to contribute something back to the activity that so much changed my life.

This is probably because it was my home show... but University of the Pacific in Stockton, California.... such a great venue. Everything you'd want as a performer and as a spectator (other than the frying temporatures two years ago).

One that I wish to be used again (recently had 2007 Open Class on the way to Pasadena, and I think 1989 prior)...

Bakersfield Junior College Memorial Stadium (CA)

172244913_419e29dea7.jpg

Oh yes! Incredible sight lines when I saw that 07 Open class show on the way home from Stanford.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...