Plymouth Hometown concert

joefanalum

Looking foward to the Plymouth weekend this year again but I am sorry to see that BS Golden Knights are not scheduled this year. I believe this has to be the first time they will not be at the show that started in the 90's.

They even came to the show when it was in Boston one year. I think each year they even serenaded a family in a house in Plymouth when they lined up for the parade, used to know the story behind that but I forgot..

Also miss the Conn Alumini Drum and Bugle corp that used to be at this show. One of the few times you could see this corps.

Pete

• Like 1

Looking foward to the Plymouth weekend this year again but I am sorry to see that BS Golden Knights are not scheduled this year. I believe this has to be the first time they will not be at the show that started in the 90's.

They even came to the show when it was in Boston one year. I think each year they even serenaded a family in a house in Plymouth when they lined up for the parade, used to know the story behind that but I forgot..

Also miss the Conn Alumini Drum and Bugle corp that used to be at this show. One of the few times you could see this corps.

Pete

I think it was 1997, the 1st year BS went to Plymouth, there was a Nor'easter.

Over where the parade starts, BS was getting ready and getting soaked too.

So we started to huddle on someone's front porch to get out of the elements.

It was the Brown's house and we have been repaying them ever since by playing on their lawn before we step off.

They provide us with cookies, hot chocolate, and various liquors to start the day :-)

Sad to say, we will be missing that this year. :sad:

Edited by cvayda

I checked the website today and was surprised not to see Sac listed. Also, no St. Kevin's. Sorry to see them not in the lineup, and wondering why. Can anybody provide some background or reasons why? Just curious.

I checked the website today and was surprised not to see Sac listed. Also, no St. Kevin's. Sorry to see them not in the lineup, and wondering why. Can anybody provide some background or reasons why? Just curious.

According to St Kevins web page they are in the Plymouth show. Lets hope, and yes Sac will be missed.

Hi All,

I am very happy to report that The St. Kevin Emerald Knights WILL be in Plymouth once again this year . I should add, better that ever too ! Great rehearsal yesterday & we are looking forward with pride in doing the show.The contract is signed but Plymouth has not updated their website yet.

All the Best,

Mike D.

Edited by M. DeSouza
  • Like 2

Hi All,

I am very happy to report that The St. Kevin Emerald Knights WILL be in Plymouth once again this year . I should add, better that ever too ! Great rehearsal yesterday & we are looking forward with pride in doing the show.The contract is signed but Plymouth has not updated their website yet.

All the Best,

Mike D.

Great news! Looking forward to the big weekend and seeing you guys! :thumbup:

• Like 1

Well so far it looks like we have 4 groups in the concert. St. Kevin's, Bos. Crusaders SR, Defenders, and I think Haw.Cab's.

Anyone know when the Official List will be out?

BOTH the Concert and Parade are a High Lite of the Alumni type Corps World.

Edited by 2B or not 2B
  • Like 1

Well so far it looks like we have 4 groups in the concert. St. Kevin's, Bos. Crusaders SR, Defenders, and I think Haw.Cab's.

Anyone know when the Official List will be out?

BOTH the Concert and Parade are a High Lite of the Alumni type Corps World.

Also Rielly, Park City, Diplomats from Canada and Westchester Brassmen.

Also Rielly, Park City, Diplomats from Canada and Westchester Brassmen.

:thumbup: Sounds like a great line up. One that Many will enjoy and have a good time. (Still will miss BSGK though.)

Edited by 2B or not 2B
  • Like 1

No Hanover Lancers this year?