Plymouth Hometown concert

joefanalum

From the Thenaksgiving USA Site tonight....

Our 2011 Lineup: thus far:

•The Bridgemen

•Crusader Senior Drum & Bugle Corps

•Defender, Rockland, MA

•Hawthorne Caballeros

•Les Diplomates

•Park City Pride

•Reilly Raiders

•Westchester Brassmen

Hope this helps!!

Se Everyone there!!

Maria

• Like 1

From the Thenaksgiving USA Site tonight....

Our 2011 Lineup: thus far:

•The Bridgemen

•Crusader Senior Drum & Bugle Corps

•Defender, Rockland, MA

•Hawthorne Caballeros

•Les Diplomates

•Park City Pride

•Reilly Raiders

•Westchester Brassmen

Hope this helps!!

Se Everyone there!!

Maria

:thumbup: WOW what a line up. This Thanksgiving Event, is Alway's one of the best. Both the Concert and the Parade.

• Like 1

As a former business manager for an alumni corps, it was our experience that the organizers of this event were notorious for dragging their feet on getting performance contracts to the corps. This was an annual occurrence, not a one-time mixup. It was not uncommon to be in mid-Ocober without a firm contract in hand. The corps that I was with declined to participate one year, because we continually kept asking for a contract-they kept stringing us along, and the corps was then presented with an opportunity to perform at a different venue on the same day that was geographically much closer. In the absence of the Plymouth contract, the corps members voted to accept the new offer-and had a contract in hand within 4 days and declined the Plymouth invite when it officially arrived about 3 weeks later. This time frame is probably somewhere from '98 to about '04 or so; not sure if the same people are running the show or if they've made any changes to their process.

:thumbup: WOW what a line up. This Thanksgiving Event, is Alway's one of the best. Both the Concert and the Parade.

This year will be my first trip to the Plymouth event. I've heard so many good things about it over the years, and I am very much looking forward to it. A great weekend of drum corps. And New England seafood!!! :thumbup:

• Like 3

From their website, as of today (14 OCT 2011):

1991 saw the emergence of “America’s Hometown Celebration” and all the exciting things that have become synonymous with “AHTC”. Voila! The birth of what has now become one of the premiere events in the "Drum Corps world." Drum corps’ from far and near vie for a spot in the lineup.

This year introduces you to the “Musical Ambassadors of New York”, the Westchester Brassmen, hailing from Harrison, NY. Also new, all the way from Quebec, Les Diplomates.

The “Reunion Concert” Saturday evening, November 21 will present to you some of the legends of Drum Corps. Our 2011 Lineup, thus far:

• The Bridgemen
  • Crusader Senior Drum & Bugle Corps
  • Defender, Rockland, MA
  • Hawthorne Caballeros
  • Les Diplomates
  • Park City Pride
  • Reilly Raiders
  • Westchester Brassmen

Barbara “Gobbi” DiRusso, Producer & Musical Coordinator - Reunion Concert

• Like 2

This year will be my first trip to the Plymouth event. I've heard so many good things about it over the years, and I am very much looking forward to it. A great weekend of drum corps. And New England seafood!!! :thumbup:

Fran you'll have a great time. It's a very electric environment. The right combination of acoustics and intimacy. It's so different than seeing a stage type show.

If the Brassmen are as good as they were at Sac's show this Spring, everyone will be impressed. I'll miss Sac and Hanover, though.

If the Brassmen are as good as they were at Sac's show this Spring, everyone will be impressed.

I agree... saw the Brassmen at that indoor show, and again at the Barnum Festival. They are solid. Nice addition to the lineup at Plymouth!

Fran you'll have a great time. It's a very electric environment. The right combination of acoustics and intimacy. It's so different than seeing a stage type show.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I agree... saw the Brassmen at that indoor show, and again at the Barnum Festival. They are solid. Nice addition to the lineup at Plymouth!

Fran: I have it on good authority that you have excellent seats. :winky:

Bring your ear plugs, just in case. Although, as loud as some corps can get when indoors, the acoustics are surprisingly good, as DPEmerald said. :thumbup: