What happened to my post?

Like many others, I read the (now closed) post about a Corps that had some staffing changes, including one that I find questionable. In the thread, many DCPers commented that they would be uncomfortable with their child marching with that organization.

I then created a poll to see how others felt, and it was removed - I didnt get a notification or a note explaining why.

Does DCP feel they have the absolute right to dictate what people are allowed to talk about? What about when it comes to issues of protecting the safety of childre?

Before anyone asks, other than naming the Corps, I included no other information.

Disturbing - and we wonder why the Drum Corps/Marching Band/Percussion/WGI world has a shady history of allowing unfortunate things to happen.

Knowledge is power.

Edited by CaliforniaDCfan
  • Like 2

Like many others, I read the (now closed) post about a Corps that had some staffing changes, including one that I find questionable. In the thread, many DCPers commented that they would be uncomfortable with their child marching with that organization.

I then created a poll to see how others felt, and it was removed - I didnt get a notification or a note explaining why.

Does DCP feel they have the absolute right to dictate what people are allowed to talk about? What about when it comes to issues of protecting the safety of childre?

Before anyone asks, other than naming the Corps, I included no other information.

Disturbing - and we wonder why the Drum Corps/Marching Band/Percussion/WGI world has a shady history of allowing unfortunate things to happen.

Knowledge is power.

and why in member services? maybe because alot less people read it?..sounds like a WGI move..squash and ignore... :blink:

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 1

1. The initial post was closed because it was decided (at the time) that the tone and phrasing of the thread was an attempt to paint the conversation regarding the issue into a corner. In other words, the thread seemed to be set up for confrontation from the get-go. Another thread was started later in the evening concerning Teal Sound, and has remained open.

While no one hopes to "dictate" the conversation here, I hope all will understand that it's important to discuss our activity (warts and all) from as an objective a viewpoint as possible. The closure of the first thread was no different than if someone posted a direct troll against "modern drum corps" or "old timey drum corps" or any other initial post that is phrased in a combative manner and only hopes to "stir the pot" so to speak.

It's understandable to be frustrated by having threads locked or removed . . .but, please, keep in mind that children, parents and many others read here, so let's discuss the issue at hand in a way that allows people to bring their concerns and points-of-view into the conversation organically, rather than proceeding the discussion from a pre-determined POV.

2. Most concerns regarding the forums are moved here, to facilitate the streamlining of conversations . . . and to keep the forums on-topic. There's no attempt to hide anything in another forum by doing so.

3. Again, there's another thread available for discussion now, so please feel free to post there, keeping in mind the Community Guidelines.

Further discussion relating to the forums guidelines and policies can be discussed via PM if need be with any of the moderation team.

Thanks! :smile: