Teal Sound 2012

105 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support the adult administration of the 2012 Teal Sound organization?

• Yes
    • No

I'm glad you did this - I posted a similar poll earlier and it was erased - and the moderator has not responded to several requests on why it was removed.

I am completely dumbfounded in the judgement of Teal Sound.

What Teal Sound has done is indefensible, and reprehensible to add this individual to its staff imo. Its a black eye for this relatively new DCI Corps.

Additionally, if Teal Sound can not see fit that they made a collossal mistake in hiring this disgraced individual that engaged in repetitive agressive sexual pursuits of a student in his supervision,engaged in a cover up, and solicited the student to lie to authorties if his actions were made public, then DCI itself needs to step forward and tell Teal Sound in no uncertain terms that Teal Sound needs to remove this individual forthwith. Should Teal Sound decline to take this neccessary step to protect its marchers, then DCI should tell Teal Sound that it is henceforth prohibited from participating in any future DCI sponsored events. Failure to take this neccessary and required action by DCI itself, would be an abrogation of its oversight responsibilities to do everything its it power to prevent an unfortunate incident that it had the capacity to stop in its tracks when this individual's recent aggressive sexual predatory actions led to a resignation. If DCI does not take action, shame on them. It would be an unfortunate black eye to DCI's reputation to not take the required step to prohibit this individual from working with young people on a summer tour. Tahis individual unfortunately forfeited his right to be involved with young people after he engaged in this behaviour and engaged in a lengthy cover up and a notice to the victim to lie to authorities if his aggressive sexual predatory activities became public.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 6

You guys are so funny.

How so ?

Whats so " funny " and humorous here for you about this particular topic discussion ?

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

I don't agree that it's right that he's on staff but Teal is not the only corps that has this issue. Heck, there was a recent big hire that doesn't have a teaching license any more because of a similar issue. If DCI would come down on Teal they have to be consistent across the board which I think would be a good thing. There should be a policy in place if there isn't already. Is there a certain amount of time that would pass before these situations would be forgiven in the public (or dcp) eye?

Anyone who has questions regarding my opinions or choices is free to PM me on here.

One does not "march the corps". One marches "in or with the corps".

In the event you were not aware or forgot, the past director was Randy Blackburn.

In the event you were not aware or forgot, the new hire in question (his name is Joel Moody by the way) should not be allowed to work children.

Stand by choices? How about correct mistakes?

Come on empress, see through that veil of evil.

The funny thing to me is that the past director hired this person and he was with the corps last season on the road. Now all of the sudden the past director does not agree with it. Very funny since his own daughter marched the corps last year with this person. Stand by choices.

• Like 1