DQ's

Dennis Delucia. It was HIS Muchachos drumline. He's a bigshot DCI guy. Perhaps he should fess up. Not holding my breath at this point. :thumbdown:

• Like 1

trying to remember if Dennis was with Bridgemen when it happen to them also. hmmmmmmmmm

Yes he was but that had nothing to do with it. The corps honestly thought they could march these 3 kids who were part of the corps in 74 and 75 till there 22 birthday than replace them with members that were under 21. They should have made sure of this thought before the season. The funny thing is that they were not super stars just 3 kids being rewarded for marching the lean years with the corps.

• Like 1

That was the same story I heard way back when. Not sure if the age rule was discussed in depth back then...it was after that time. That rule bugged me because if a member was 21 through the majority of the summer season then they should have been allowed to finish the season. Who were the directors that made up the rule back then?

Yes he was but that had nothing to do with it. The corps honestly thought they could march these 3 kids who were part of the corps in 74 and 75 till there 22 birthday than replace them with members that were under 21. They should have made sure of this thought before the season. The funny thing is that they were not super stars just 3 kids being rewarded for marching the lean years with the corps.

• 8 months later...

Not sure how many Muchachos there were but instead of penalizing the huge majority of kids that were in the corps, wouldn't it have been a better idea for Muchachos to take those kids out, let the corps march with holes, and deal with the dumb as s adults at a later time? We're talking 15-21 year old kids that spent a lot of time practicing and fundraising to make the season happen. Go after the staff and director after finals. This isn't professional sports! They're not Pete Rose. Kids! Just seemed like a terrible way to handle the situation. As a school admiinistrator, I would not want to punish the 98% that followed the rules, just the 2% and the staff that knew.

I know of at least one member of the 1975 Muchachos who did not fare well after that event and although we can't say for sure what caused his demise, many of those kids feel they never got over what happened to them in 1975 after prelims. If the two Cavalier members could have seen the effect of their turning the Muchachos in, would they have gone ahead with it?

• Like 1

What do you mean?

I know of at least one member of the 1975 Muchachos who did not fare well after that event and although we can't say for sure what caused his demise, many of those kids feel they never got over what happened to them in 1975 after prelims. If the two Cavalier members could have seen the effect of their turning the Muchachos in, would they have gone ahead with it?

I would say the question to ask is "if the staff who knowingly allowed a lot of overage members to march would have seen the effect on those members who were not overage would they have gone ahead with it."

edit: I screwed up and was posting about the wrong corps..... :doh:

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Sounds like "knowingly" didn't apply.....

"The corps honestly thought they could march these 3 kids who were part of the corps in 74 and 75 till there 22 birthday than replace them with members that were under 21. They should have made sure of this thought before the season."

You are quoting a comment about 3 members in the Bridgemen. The situation was completely different with the Muchachos.

You are quoting a comment about 3 members in the Bridgemen. The situation was completely different with the Muchachos.

You're right... my bad.... caught in the Catch 22 of needing more coffee but (still) to hot to drink it...