Allentown: What's the big deal?

nvm

Edited by Liahona

great article. I just had the chance to skim it at lunch.

I would say the biggest draw at Allentown is how it is one week before finals and a lot of the final changes for many corps are in for the first time. Look at 2008 with Spartacus and the death scene at the end. It was the buzz on DCI from then through finals.

So, Allentown becomes one, if not the most pivotal shows of the season in my mind. That just adds more excitement to a great old venue...the Fenway or Wrigley of drum corps.

great article. I just had the chance to skim it at lunch.

I would say the biggest draw at Allentown is how it is one week before finals and a lot of the final changes for many corps are in for the first time. Look at 2008 with Spartacus and the death scene at the end. It was the buzz on DCI from then through finals.

So, Allentown becomes one, if not the most pivotal shows of the season in my mind. That just adds more excitement to a great old venue...the Fenway or Wrigley of drum corps.

To that, I would add that the fact all the corps aren't together at the same time in Allentown, at a time when the corps are putting in their final changes, adds to the suspense and excitement.

• Like 1

To that, I would add that the fact all the corps aren't together at the same time in Allentown, at a time when the corps are putting in their final changes, adds to the suspense and excitement.

Cadets had buzz all year, but right before Allentown they beat BD, and then again the night after beat BD. it helped get a buzz going for them that was larger.

it's a great time, very tailgate friendly atmosphere

Cadets had buzz all year, but right before Allentown they beat BD, and then again the night after beat BD. it helped get a buzz going for them that was larger.

it's a great time, very tailgate friendly atmosphere

Jeff: Can you put in a good word for me at a tailgate party next year? I can bring the cheese.

• Like 2

Great article and I agree, the venue is amazing. I went back in 2010 for finals and went a little earlier to catch up with some old friends in Allentown. It had been 20 years since I last went and going back was probably the highlight of my trip.

May it never change.

I've been there every year except 2 (1 to march Bucs, and 1 to get married)...always have a great time...don't you get an honorary free permanent seat after so many years of attendance? :smile:

PS...excellent article Mr. Boo