Some Answered Questions About Cadets2

Sorry (not) about my failed attempt at humor, but I'm dead serious about too many people giving this corps an immediate pass into the top five, or the top three, or even the top one - marketing and recruiting notwithstanding.

But you do know that they won't be begging for members come June... Is that correct? Well, let me just reiterate... Come talk to me after Wildwood. If you're right, I'll tell you; if you're wrong, I'll tell you that too.

the people giving them the pass are the ones so freaked out about them and afraid of them. those of us civil beings are saying they probably won't suck.

..........hit the field looking like the drum corps equivalent of swiss cheese like many corps do.

Why is that?

I can only speak from experience from the corps I am associated with; but the production is written/designed for what we have based off of rehearsal attendances, up to date on financial committment, etc.. By the end of March, early April at the very latest, it is known what is going to hit the field in each section. Of course there may be some personnel changes due to unforeseen circumstances along the way creating some challenges, but the bulk of the corps, as a whole, is in place.

Just curious.........

Plus, it is only for a small fraction of the USSBA shows...regionals and champs..shows run by USSBA. DCA corps can and do recruit at band-hosted USSBA shows. Bush had a booth at Hillsborough last night (as did the Raiders from DCI).

They denied the Hurricanes access to the New England championships in Bridgeport today...said something about a conflict of interest...whatever.

They denied the Hurricanes access to the New England championships in Bridgeport today...said something about a conflict of interest...whatever.

Right...shows run by USSBA, not a local host-based show. I haven't made up my own mind whether I think the idea is good or bad for them, or somewhere in between, but I do know they are within their rights to control their shows as they wish. If they wish, they can change 180 degrees next year. Its not carved in stone forever.

Right...shows run by USSBA, not a local host-based show. I haven't made up my own mind whether I think the idea is good or bad for them, or somewhere in between, but I do know they are within their rights to control their shows as they wish. If they wish, they can change 180 degrees next year. Its not carved in stone forever.

You are right Mike..it's their show and they can make whatever decisions they want...

You are right Mike..it's their show and they can make whatever decisions they want...

Were there any corps at the show?

Cabs had a table at ACC's for TOB today. No other corps did.

Classy group of guys too. Answered questions from the kids, and let the display/video speak for itself without being "salesman pushy". I talked to them for a while when I was manning the TOB Info table.

Saw that. Stunning really.

So either...

A) Other DCA Corps aren't interested in marketing to youth.

or

B) Other DCA Corps don't feel the need to market to youth.

or

C) Other DCA Corps don't understand marketing.

doh.gif