DCI 2012 Programs

From a BK alumni newsletter:

We are playing the music of Igor Stravinsky... specifically the legendary ballet "The Firebird". Keeping with our intention of playing music that is memorable, we plan on having a POWERFUL presentation of the Firebird with a unique twist... we will feature a sci-fi take on the music featuring otherworldly beings and their ultimate quest for community. Interesting huh??

I'm certainly interested!

Thoughts?

• Like 2

We are playing the music of Igor Stravinsky... specifically the legendary ballet "The Firebird". Keeping with our intention of playing music that is memorable, we plan on having a POWERFUL presentation of the Firebird with a unique twist... we will feature a sci-fi take on the music featuring otherworldly beings and their ultimate quest for community. Interesting huh??

Thoughts?

Everything old is new again. Definitely interested.

• Like 1

will feature a sci-fi take on the music featuring otherworldly beings and their ultimate quest for community. Interesting huh??[/i]

Oh I get it. Its a tribute show about us here in the Drum Corps Planet Community... Cool !

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

Thoughts?

Someone told me that in September. lol

Thoughts?

Oh god, NO!! You foiled the BK plot!! The other corps spies have successfully infiltrated the BK fortress. Soon calamity will ensue as the other teams begin to plot against them having this new found knowledge! They will destroy their capability to perform this show ruining their chances of gaining TOP 8 status!! You've doomed us all!! Curse you!!

• Like 1

Just saw a friend's photo of their show shirt. The title of their 2012 show is "Avian" and the shirt has mirrored red & blue designs on either side.. Think of Universal Studio's Dueling Dragons and you'll get the idea.

edit: Now that it's officially announced I guess I didn't have to censor the show title :tongue:

Edited by loopin' froot loops

Almost sounds like a riff/expansion of Phantom's 2007 show.

This is not a bad thing or a criticism. :thumbup:

• Like 2

Well, that looks like it will be the coolest shirt of the year from a drum corps. That looks great! And the show sounds pretty sweet. I wish them the best summer, and maybe I'll see them at one of the shows, depending on performance orders.

• Like 1