The 2011 "Phone Books" are coming

Not trying to belittle your experience here, but last year they shipped to an address of mine that was no longer associated with my card. This year, they are also shipping to an address that has never been associated with my card. I think it all has to do with what you have set up in your account on the DCI Store. I took off that old school address they accidentally shipped to last year and there were no problems with it this year.

That's good to know...my experience was not with DCI, and was several years ago...so maybe the rules have loosened a bit since then...all I know is I haven't had any shipping problems with any vendors since i added an address to my card.

Do we know if they have shipped yet?

I would say they have not. Last time DCI gave an update that I saw they said the discs were scheduled to arrive AT DCI on Wednesday (today) and that they would start shipping them out on Thursday and Friday. My tracking number just says that it's ready for pickup, but it's said that since Monday.

Where did you get your tracking number?

It's in the e-mail they sent you..

or maybe not...I thought it was there

Edited by G-Rott

....so have we heard anything about Madison? Are we going to have to suffer through 4+ minutes of silence???

....so have we heard anything about Madison? Are we going to have to suffer through 4+ minutes of silence???

They didn't get the synch rites so we'll either get audio or video but not both. Freaking Publishing company...

• Like 1

They didn't get the synch rites so we'll either get audio or video but not both. Freaking Publishing company...

The last I heard on this, and I don't remember the thread but it was on here and in mid-September or so, IIRC-is that they will use the audio with a black screen for the music from a certain song. Again, I don't recall exactly but I seem to remember that this came from quite a reliable source. I plan on making Madison the first viewing as soon as I can get the wrapping off.

The last I heard on this, and I don't remember the thread but it was on here and in mid-September or so, IIRC-is that they will use the audio with a black screen for the music from a certain song. Again, I don't recall exactly but I seem to remember that this came from quite a reliable source. I plan on making Madison the first viewing as soon as I can get the wrapping off.

It says right on the Blu-ray/DVD order pages down at the bottom.

Note: Due to music licensing considerations, a portion of the video during the Madison Scouts performance is blacked out. The audio of the performance remains fully intact during the final two minutes of the production.

http://store.dci.org/2011_World_Championships_Blu-r_P3948C230.cfm

A better solution would have been to play the audio with a photo slide show from the performance. The audio and video aren't synced so there wouldn't be a problem with the rights. You still would get a sense of what was going on in the show.

• Like 2