Favorite Crossmen Show Ever

Favorite Crossmen Show  

134 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Crossmen Show?

• 1977- Marche Slave, Let's Hear It For Me, Nadia's Theme, Bless The Beasts And The Children, Russian Christmas Music
    • 1978- Jazz Rhapsody, Something, It's Gonna Be A Great Day (from Funny Lady), Let's Hear It For Me (from Funny Lady), Tico Tico, Russian Christmas Music
    • 1980- Pictures De España, Tiger Of San Pedro, Spanish Fantasy, Jack Miraculous, Superman Medley
    • 1981- Explosion, Something, Spanish Fantasy, Bustling, Overture To Rocky II
    • 1982- Artistry In Rhythm, Shoshana, Canto Del Viento, Russian Christmas Music
    • 1984- Ruslan And Lyudmila, Shoshana, Canto Del Viento, Let Me Try Again
    • 1989- Wind Machine, The Waltz, How High The Moon
    • 1990- Baroque Samba, 'Round Midnight, Caravan, Now Or Never
    • 1991- "Pat Metheny Suite" Minuano, Dream Of The Return, Third Wind
    • 1992- "Songs for the Planet Earth" Begin Sweet World, Appalachian Morning, The Four Elements, The Rain Forest, Under The Sun
    • 1993- "Songs for the Planet Earth Part II: A Celebration of Humanity" Fanfare For The Common Man, Myth America, Koto Song, River Music, Frieda, Anthem For Humanity
    • 1994- "Songs for the Planet Earth Part III: Suite Children" Land Of Make Believe, Children Will Listen (from Into The Woods), Pop Goes The Weasel, Songs For The Planet Earth Finale
    • 1995- The School For Scandal Overture, Symphony for Brass and Percussion
    • 1996- "The Voices of Jazz" The Sultan Fainted, A Nightingale Sang In Berkeley Square, Birdland
    • 1997- "The Colors of Jazz" Birdland, You Are My Sunshine, Niner-Two
    • 1998- "The Music of Pat Metheny" Third Wind, Letter From Home, First Circle
    • 1999- "Changing Perspectives: A Silver Celebration" Blue Shades, When October Goes, Appalachian Morning
    • 2000- "Clubbin' with The Crossmen" In The Mood, Caravan, Nobody Does Me (Like You Do), Birdland
    • 2001- "Late Night Jazz" Harlem Nocturne, Flyin' Home, Guaguanco, Fire Dance
    • 2002- "The Signature Series" Heat Of The Day, Candle In The Window (from Civil War: Our Story In Song), Strawberry Soup
    • 2003- "Color" Somewhere Over The Rainbow, Welcome To The St. James Club, Blue Rondo A La Turk, Count Bubba
    • 2004- "E Pluribus Unum" Jubal Step, Both Sides, Now Puma, First Circle
    • Other

Very proud to be in that corps in that year. I believe the drummer was a member of the Bridgemen and they also came to one of our shows, I forget which one maybe someone else can chime in and help. A great album Mike.

Tommy Igoe came to the Clifton, New Jersey show. He watched the drumline warm-up and the smile on his face was big and genuine as far as I could tell. As I recall he even threw his arm around Mark Thurston and gave him some kind of musician bro hug....classic moment that season.

Tommy played tenors for Dennis Delucia's Bridgemen line, and Dennis was the program coordinator for the 1990 Crossmen and brought the New York Voices idea to the table as far as I know.

My wife and I used the intro to "Now or Never" (NY Voices version) as background for the big entrance at our wedding reception.

I have only included the years they made finals.

Years ago the Crossmen had some very fun and entertaining shows, and if last year (2011) is any indication, it looks like they are getting back to that type of show.

This was an easy choice for me.....Crossmen 1990. That truly put Crossmen back on the map in a 'big' way. All you 1992 fans...queue up 1990 and give it try.....

This longtime Crossmen fan is really hoping Crossmen stay the course in the years to come with that crossmen jazz/groove we all love.... :worthy:

• Like 2

How in the world are there only 3 votes for 2002?

• Like 1

How in the world are there only 3 votes for 2002?

Those 90's shows were something special... that's why. I absolutely love 2002 though. One of my favorite openers ever.

Ready for a weird answer? 2005. Just a feel-good, melodic show. Beautiful ballad, fun closer.

That was what I would have said as well. My son marched 2004 & 2005, so those years were special to me, but of the two I liked the 2005 show better.

Those 90's shows were something special... that's why. I absolutely love 2002 though. One of my favorite openers ever.

90-92...a special era

• Like 1