Bringing Back Classic Programs

Phantom should redo 2008! What a classic show! :thumbup:

Indeed..and play Wren's arrangement from the 80's.

1. Star of Indiana 1990..... I have waited for redo of this one for a long, long time...and by a mile in terms of anything else I would like to see redone. If Crown ever decided to go heavy classical and bring it back, or if SCV wanted to do a Shaw arrangment of it.....win.

I would love to see this one and I think Shaw could possibly do justice to the Prime arrangements. Such rich harmonies! It's time for a reprise!

It probably would never happen but I'd love to see Madison do Jesus Christ Superstar again. Imagine what their current design team could do with that!

• Like 2

Cavies - circus show

Scouts - Alice in Wondeland

Cadets - No More War

• Like 1

What classic shows would you like to see your favorite corps bring to the field in 2012 if you had your way?

None. More often than not they retread-type shows don't come close to living up to expectations or past glory. If I wanted to see a classic show from a favorite corps I'd take the ten minutes to watch the show performed on Fan Network. For every Phantom 2008 show that does a great job modernizing and re-imagining a classic, there are several others that fall short of past greatness (SCV 2005 & 1992, Cadets 2009, Cavaliers 1997, etc); I'd MUCH rather corps do fresh show designs than try to recapture past triumphs

• Like 4

Blue Knights = Triticco

Yes... BK, " Trittico ", 1999

I 'd like to see them " party like its 1999 "

• Like 1

While I'd like to see corps use older shows as launching points for new interpretations and programs, I do not think I'd care for a corps simply restating an old show.

A few of the ones I'd like to see tried again, and funny enough all from the same couple of years.

- Belshazzar's Feast (Star '90) - yeah, I'm with everyone else. Crown needs to do this, and the sooner the better. There are a bunch of other tunes from the piece as well, so there's lots of room to pick and choose from various meters, textures and voices.

- New World Symphony (Phantom '89) - this is one that would likely start and end NWS, but I could definitely see the center of the program borrowing from other works as well. (Especially considering Phantom's drum feature back then was from Slavonic Dances, not Sym. No. 9!) I truly enjoyed Glassmen's take on it several years ago.

- Gloria (Cavaliers '89) - another program that would likely look much different in a current arrangement style, but the music is so friggin' pretty that it would work fine. These days, I couldn't see the Cavaliers performing it - more likely a group like Boston, BK or The Academy.

Mike

• Like 1

Yes... BK, " Trittico ", 1999

I 'd like to see them " party like its 1999 "

I'd like to see Blue Knights go back to dark music - I know their recent selections are making a lot of people happy, but I've always preferred their darker side. 2006 is one of my favourite years from them.

Edited by LincolnV
  • Like 1