Visual effects we have yet to see on the field

32 WEEKS TIL DRUM CORPS SEASON!

While it is getting closer, that is still 33 weeks too long! :tongue:

There is a Vegas show by Cirque du Soliel called "KA." Cavaliers borrowed a few of their stilt tricks this year.

In that show the center piece is a stage that uses hydraulics to rotate the stage from flat, to vertical, then the performers climb to the top, have chases, from bottom to top. Huge lights alter the looks of the stage.

The large moving stage is "out there" and truly the star of the show, but of course it costs millions of dollars. Unless you've seen KA live, there is really no way to describe it. It is incredible, and blows away anything you've ever seen or heard on Broadway. I can see an adaptation of that on the drum corps field.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvDW4DRj7gc

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 1

Haven't seen funky equipment that is spun that becomes assembled into props (something sort of like Tinker Toys).

Sounds vaguely like BD 2011.

• Like 1

I'm waiting for Lipizzan Stallions and clown cars before I start going back to DCI shows ("Old crap, old crap ...")

Center Grove 2011 undulating rope

Seriously- look it up somewhere. When they introduced it at the state finals, everybody (I mean everybody) was in complete awe.

Looks like Cavies: "The Great Divide"